Headphones/Headset/soundcard for Gaming/Music?
Apr 30, 2017 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

akmaggot

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am a newb to audio, so I have quiet a few questions for those who can help me!

So, my story here:

I bought a new motherboard, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming (still waiting for cpu to get shipped to setup the new pc)

SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking
- High quality 115 dB SNR stereo playback output
Audio Feature :
- SupremeFX Shielding™ Technology
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- Sonic Radar II

I also bought G933 headset because it was on sale down to 115€

1. white noise static while using wirelessly (when nothing is played I can hear it, making me nuts)

2. The biggest downside, logitech thew their product out that needs Logitech Driver Software to work obv, and it messes up my G600 mouse so it has random input delay, I tried many things to fix, didn't work (they could literally list them as uncompitable, even tried on my brothers pc, the moment I plug them wirelessly on my mouse gets slow and unusable for games)

3. supposedly the audio isn't the greatest for the price of the headset (wouln't know, had only G230 so far, seem better than G230 obv)

- I am shipping them back to amazon soon

So I am now deciding and need help from you guys

Since I am into gaming, listening music and watching movies occasionally

*With gaming prioritize "footsteps and enemy location" over "bass and explosions"

*They must not be headset, I really don't care for the mic, I have one already

I've been thinking to get a HyperX Cloud II with 7.1 virtual surround

Now my questions are...

1. Is the 7.1 any good for gaming? Now with G933 I tried DTS and Dolby Surround, I didn't find it very usefull, for music it depended for what kind of music but it distorted it too much for my taste, as for Youtube for some videos it just added additional noises that made it worse (think I answer this for myself, but still want the 7.1 for some reason, idk :<)

2.Should I get a headset like HyperX Cloud II or Sennheiser GSP 350 that have soundcard in this USB thingy with 7.1 on/off button

or Headphones Sennheiser HD 559

3. How to tell which of those has better audio quality, frequency tells u how low(bass) and high can it go?

-> example: Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 32Ohm vs Sennheiser HD 559

are the DT770 better cuz 5-35k? what does sensitivity matter for, and what's the difference for using 32 Ohm, 80Ohm DT770 versions, which one would someone get for plugging for onboard or soundcard and does that affect quality aswell?

4. If Headphones is the onboard audio good enough or should I get a external soundcard?

5. Is the onboard audio from Asus Z170 Pro Gaming having virtual surround? DTS or something?

6. How to tell in what rang is the quality of the onboard audio vs DAC/AMP/External Soundcards, with examples from Amazon, cuz I've read that some people buy cheaper DAC that comes as the same their onboard already is

7. Would, lets say Sennheiser HD559 + Asus Xonar U7 sound any better than the onboard, or would I just get dolby digital surround and amp for that price

if if 8. which external soundcard to get, Asus Xonar U7 is quiet expensive isn't it, is it the best for the price or any other suggestions

9. ur choices which I should consider

Audio Technica ATH-A500X cheaper headphones maybe to consider?

edit: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01JP436TS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

nice sale I guess?

now I ask myself, how are those supposed to be 250$ with 10-28k range and nothing special in specs from some other that are half price

So what would be the best for me, "competitive fps gaming", music

should I stick to HyperX Cloud II / GSP350, get Headphones plug them onboard or Headphones and external soundcard

I know it's a lot of nub questions
unsure.png
but I don't want to fail again.

Thx for your time! Appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back