Headphones/headset for PS4 and music.
Jan 5, 2015 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheEMTguy

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So I already have a pair of Siberia V2s for my PC which I love. However with it being USB with a small sound card, it means I cannot listen to music on the go with them. So I am looking for a good pair of headphones (preferably under $200) that I can use both for my brand new PS4 and also on the go for long trips while I listen to music.

I am more into rpgs and such when I play games, however I do play fps games every now and then but am not super competitive with them. I mainly play them when my friends want me to jump into a match or whatever. So I am more looking into a pair of headphones that will help me get immersed into the game. So while being able to position people in a match would be nice, it is not super important.

Also, as I continue my own research, should I be looking into stereo or a surround sound headset? Finally, are there any good mics that I can just hook up when I need to? Or a headset with a detachable mic that you all recommend?

I have read through the sticky on gaming headsets but it seemed confusing and a bit more geared for PC gaming than the PS4/music hybrid I am looking for.

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 4
hey so I'm pretty new here but have read lot's of threads.

I think you have to decide what kind of sound you want first.  Really nice bass, a wide sound with good soundstage, open ear, closed eat, etc.  for example these are good HD 650 but really expensive so you also gotta pick a budget as well if you even have one.

honestly it sound like you need something with balanced sound.  also, it seems like amps are the way to go around here especially if you have more expensive headphones, an amp will improve the sound on good headphones.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea of what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back