Headphones FS But Only If You Buy Amp
May 18, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bingo. No reason to hold onto an RA-1 if I'm selling off my Grados.

When you work from 8 to 6 on weekdays and sleep in on Saturdays, yeah, two trips to the Post Office is a pain in the ass. The fact that the place is 20 minutes away and takes at least 30 minutes to get through the line doesn't make things any better.

If the PO is 20 minutes plus out of your way then it becomes a valid point..

May 18, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that sellers sell combo's to get rid of a hard to sell item..

this was my impression as well. i was just curious what other people would say.

May 18, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 28
It can't be true all the time though. You have to look at each combo for what it is. For example, if (and this isn't going to happen) I were to sell the custom dt990s with the Corda HA-2, this is an awesome awesome combo and I'd be selling them together because it's just plain easier and whoever gets it will be getting an awesome combo.

It's not happening though, but that's just an example. Now if I were to sell the A950 ltd with the HA-2----- ehhh, not-so-much, but doing stuff like that isn't how I roll. I wouldn't sell a crappy combo. What's the point of that, to get bad feedback?

Look at it this way, if the seller would rather sell as a combo, then that's their loss of your sale.

May 18, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #19 of 28
Put it this way, if you have headphone and headphone amp and planning to sell both, if you sell your amp first, you can still listen to your headphone while waiting for it to be sold. But if you sell your headphone first, what you wanna listen to? amp?

Simple as that.

May 18, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least one person agrees with me.
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with you too, I think it's kind of lame.

May 18, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphones sell more readily than amps and the seller doesnt want to be left sitting with an amp thats going nowhere.

so true. amps cost more than cans (mostly, at least i find they keep pace with the price of the cans that they match well with) and you can play plenty of cans with one amp, but who wants plenty of amps in the house for one can? (looks at his 4 amps) uh, other than nuts like me?

Cans move quicker because folks may already have an amp and say "i wanna try that can with my amp." Amps are like your foundation - you sorta build around it. plus, amps have a bigger footprint than cans, which you can just hang away.

tons of reasons why folks pull the trigger on a can sale quicker than an amp sale. and for some reason, sources move even slower than cans and amps! so yeah i don't see a prob with package deals - and don't forget if someone wants that amp but not the cans, the seller would be willing to break it up probably, and then the cans would follow in short order. it's not a shipping hassle reason, and it's not a "my amp sucks" reason. it's a "hey, uh, i'm left with an amp with no cans..." reason!

May 18, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphones sell more readily than amps and the seller doesnt want to be left sitting with an amp thats going nowhere.

Exactly!

May 18, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #24 of 28
If I was to sell off my HE60's, the HEV70 is going with it and its going to be reflected in the price. Why would I keep the HEV70? It's completely useless without the HE60's.

May 18, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #25 of 28
I don't understand why it bothers anyone, anyway? If the seller has an item to sell, it's their choice how to do it, not the buyer. If you don't like the terms of the sale, look elsewhere. Want to know what bothers me about buyers? Every time I post a FS thread, I explicitly state "no trades offers, please", and that's 2/3 of the PM's I get. I don't get that, or like it, but I deal with it, as the buyer should deal with the seller's terms.

Aside from that, I for one, have never offered a combo simply to get rid of undesirables. I usually sell for well under what I could get, and throw things in as a bonus, but there's always someone griping about something...
redface.gif

May 18, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I was to sell off my HE60's, the HEV70 is going with it and its going to be reflected in the price. Why would I keep the HEV70? It's completely useless without the HE60's.

Nobody says you have to keep the amp...they're saying the headphones and the amp should be listed seperately.

May 18, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #27 of 28
I think its great that they require combos. Sure amps depreciate. But if you are in the market for a nice singlepower amp or almost any maker's... audiophiles tend to keep their stuff in mint condition and you will simply get the amp faster than if dealing with the maker. Not only that, but chances are you will get a better deal. If someone is selling L3ks for 2.3k it'll probably go for 2.5k minimum if its in good condition these days. However, you might see L3k + an amp they bought a year or two ago for 3k in a package deal for 4k or less. There are simply going to be less people who can shell out 4k even if the amp is a top notch amp than people who can bid that 2.3k solo L3k up to nearly 3k (I've been hearing of a couple cases where ones have sold for 2.7k mint/balanced).

Sure you might be one of those people that that 4k price tag moves it out of reach of, but chances are you weren't going to get that 2.3k price anyways and once the price starts hitting 2.7k you start thinking man an amp that hasn't been obsoleted that retailed for 3k + shipping whatever for 1.3k? Not bad... I will be in the market for a nice balanced amp at some point anyway! So save a little more and look for combo details that fit your situation is a win win situation for both you and the seller.

Also some sellers like it better when their entire rig goes to someone who can appreciate the whole rig. Who they are selling to matters more to them than the extra profit (And extra hassle) of splitting up a package.

May 18, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also some sellers like it better when their entire rig goes to someone who can appreciate the whole rig. Who they are selling to matters more to them than the extra profit (And extra hassle) of splitting up a package.

This I can understand - and I've witnessed firsthand (although it was with the car that I bought and not a used head-fi combo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back