Headphones from Japan? Legit? Saying Hi.
Jun 21, 2015 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NesquikHS

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! And Welcome:) As you can see I'm a new user at this forum. Hoping to receive the best help here but also I will do my best to help other people out!:) 

So Straight away i need help.. Or an advice?

I'm about get my self new wirelesses headphones  for the first time. The headphones that I will probably get are the Sony MDR-XB950BT I've seen many reviews about them and the look and sound as a quite good pair of headphones. But the thing is that on the Sony website they cost £149 and that's a bit to much for me. So I've decided to look for them on eBay and manage to find them in quite good price that will save me quite a lot. The headphones are from Japan, the seller says that there are 100% Authentic this mean there are not fake right? The price that he is selling them for is £79.89 + £11.33 Postage. So the questions is now are the really not fake? If not, why is he selling them half of the price that is at Sony website? Should I just pay the price £149 at Sony and being sure that there are not fake or should I just risk it and buy them from this guy I've never ordered electronic from Japan so I really don't know how it works there. 

Here is the link for the listing on eBay. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201267084780?_trksid=p2060353.m570.l5011&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI201267084780.N26.S2.M2235.R1.TR2&autorefresh=true

Every help and advice will be much appreciate. 

Piotr.

Jun 22, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 3
It look legit, but ask yourselves how much you are saving. The price is lower, but what about import tax, customs duties, etc for your country? And there is always the issue with warranty if something breaks or malfunctions and you have to ship it back.

I buy a lot of stuff all over the world through ebay, amazone sites and directly from websites. As soon as I spend more than double digit numbers I ask myself those kind of questions. In most cases I decide it is not worth the initial discount. In cases I do decide to buy from further away it is mostly because the thing I want cannot be bought locally.

Hope his helps.

Jun 22, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Apparently they headphones got the warranty on them in the box. I know what you mean by this questions:wink: I've ordered lot's of stuff from Chinese and never got any faulty, always worked perfectly:) 

I've got another one that is based in the UK £30 more but at least they are in the UK and got a 1 year warranty. I think they got them headphones imported from Hong Kong:O

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Sony-MDR-XB950BT-B-Bluetooth-Extra-Bass-Headphone-Black-gift-UK-/400913666727?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d585112a7

So will probably go ahead and order them tomorrow, I hope.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back