Headphones for you D&Ber's
Jun 7, 2008 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sackynut

100+ Head-Fier
So I was sitting at my computer the other night with my Audio Technica ATH A700's on, listening to an Ill.Skillz remix of a song called Remember Me. And it made me think about why I really buy headphones so much. Its about the music. Its always been about that.

Although my ATH-A700's arent the most ideal D&B headphones, they sure make it sound very great. It gives Jungle tracks a whole new feel because of the sound signature of the cans. A much more warm, engulfing feeling.

So what do you D&B kids out there prefer as your favorite headphones to listen to the genre with? Just a friendly survey. Hopefully it hasnt been posted before.

Jun 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Of my headphones, I prefer my Sennheiser HD650 for D&B, house, techno, breaks and other forms of 'heavy-hitting' electronica. Listening with an amp with lots of voltage swing and current capability (e.g. ß22) definitely helps bring out the subtle details (if there are any).

I admit, though, that I'm firmly in favor of loudspeakers for the above genres. No headphones I've heard can impart the body-shaking slam or frenzied, complex rhythms quite like a beefy loudspeaker setup.

Current D&B-esque listening: Noisia, DJ Hidden, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Xanopticon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back