Headphones for Working Out!
May 31, 2009 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

The Uam

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys!
I'm wondering what are the best headphones for working out for around $100. But there is one catch... They can't be IEM's or any headphones with a headband or neckband. So probably a pair of clip ons or a pair of earbuds. They can be open or closed, but they can't be leaking much sound out. I don't want to piss off other people... I was looking at the Koss KSC75. I can get them for $42 here in Canada, but I have one problem... I like to listen to my music LOUD...ish, so will these leak sound out and disturbed everyone around me? Right now I'm using my Ibuds and they don't stay in my ear well...

All suggestions appreciated!

May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Empire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm willing to bet someone will suggest Yuin PK2..

EDIT: Btw I think you're in the wrong section..

Oh, sorry.
If a mod could move this thread that would be great!
Anyways, yea the PK2's are also my number one priority when it comes to earbuds. Anybody know where I can buy them in Canada?
Thanks!

May 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 11
If you're listening to headphones loud enough that they're disturbing other people in a gym type environment, even if they're fully open, you're probably causing major hearing damage. End of preaching.

It's hard to say if KSC75's would bother other people at your volume. At my gym, I think I could pretty much max the volume on my iPod out on my KSC75s without bothering others, but your gym may be quieter.

May 31, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 11
...Heck, at my gym, I could max out my ad700s and I doubt a person would hear me.
But your gym might be different, because you're worried about the leaking...
I recommend the pk3, because gym headphones IMO shouldn't be all that expensive, because there are a ton of ways they can break/get lost/be stolen, and you probably won't really be noticing as much of the SQ while working out, so they don't have to be too nice, and the pk3s have more bass, which I like more when I work out because it gets me more pumped up.

May 31, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 11
Just a question, who gets pissed off by sound at the gym?

May 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a question, who gets pissed off by sound at the gym?

Well, maybe leakage dosent really matter. Its just I hate being by someone and hearing what ever there blasting. It really annoys me for some reason. But, my gym is a little loud so what ever...
regular_smile .gif

Anyways, the PK3's are looking good. Just If I can find them in Canada...

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #11 of 11
Um, you guys can really concentrate that much on sound when working out? I have trouble doing that, so anything modest will do, preferably earbuds (in-ear, too much sweat issue, standard on-head, not a good idea when working out).

I used to worry about sound when working out, but then I figured "I'm here to WORK OUT, not review gear," so instead of throwing more money at something I wouldn't be concentrating on, I saved that money for buying more music for home, when I really enjoy it... rather, APPRECIATE it.

I'd stick with simple earbuds if I were you. Less likely to damage good equipment anyway, as stuff can fall, drop, bang, scratch, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back