Headphones for working out
Apr 11, 2006 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HoichiTheEarless

New Head-Fier
I need to get a good set of headphones for working out. Should have these features:
  1. Should do a good job of isolating music so I don't have to hear the annoying pop techno music they play at the club I work out at.
  2. Obviously can't be closed headphones because the insides would get all sweaty and nasty
  3. Cord length should be long enough for me to place my mp3 player on the ground for certain exercises... say four or five feet (nothing where I'll be standing up).
  4. Should have a fairly tight fit so they don't fall off easily, but still comfortable.
  5. Preferably in the $40 to $50 range.

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoichiTheEarless
I need to get a good set of headphones for working out. Should have these features:
  1. Should do a good job of isolating music so I don't have to hear the annoying pop techno music they play at the club I work out at.
  2. Obviously can't be closed headphones because the insides would get all sweaty and nasty
  3. Cord length should be long enough for me to place my mp3 player on the ground for certain exercises... say four or five feet (nothing where I'll be standing up).
  4. Should have a fairly tight fit so they don't fall off easily, but still comfortable.
  5. Preferably in the $40 to $50 range.

The first two criteria lead to only one choice which is in-ear headphones. sennheiser cx300 is about in that price range. Any other type of headphone that isolates would have to be "closed" and fit on your ears.

Apr 11, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 7
I have used my sony ex51's for the last 18 months. 3 to 5 days a week. never had a single issue. keeps out the radio they blare at the gym. i just insert them, then i run the cord UNDER my shirt - down, out the bottom and onto my mp3 player which i clip to my belt, or in my pocket.

I did have to get a small clip so i clip the headphone cable to the neck of my shirt. just so they don't get tugged out, or so their is no weight pulling on my ears.

easy to insert, and easy to pull out if u wanna talk to somebody.

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 7
from your criteria it seems like you're looking for IEM's, within that price range try the Creative EP630...i haven't tried them myself but it seems to have some good praise around here for it's price point and performance

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 7
If you're not into the IEMs for working out b/c of microphonics, consider the AKG K26P...it's falls right into your price range. It's closed, but sweat doesn't build up in them like you'd think. At least not for me.

They're bassy and fairly dark, but EQing helps them.

Apr 11, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 7
When jogging with IEM's sometimes I feel like a feel like a T-rex with *thump thump thump* and then like I'm flying or something at the same time with from the sound of the blowing wind and rubbing cord.

It's quite an interesting experience
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back