Headphones for work with one way sound leakage?
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You just close your office door.

heh door, good one...
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

You just close your office door.

Lol, yeah, I'll just buy a door from the Do It Center and set one up on my cubicle.
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by glc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a pair of Grado 325is because I couldn't use my Shure 530 or Beyer BT 770 due to the inability to hear anyone. It's a major problem because I'm one of the guys at work everyone needs to check in with several times a day.

Everyone got so use to making hand signals while I was using the Shure & Beyer that now they come up to me & mouth words. I just shock them by saying "speak up, I can hear you".

The Grados are great, I listen at moderate volume levels and can still keep a normal conversation as long as nobody mumbles.

GLC

Since I've never heard a pair I can't really be sure, but from what I've read I don't think the Grado sound would really suit my pretty diverse taste in music, at least not good enough to warrant that kind of money
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

If you can't move the phone's light to within view, you may want to consider buying a light that you can put within your view when the phone rings. The hearing impaired use them. Sells for $20+.

Ah, that would be great! I wonder if I can find one for digital phones though, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'll see what google can find out for me!

Nov 19, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My other closed back headphone of choice is the Beyerdynamic DT700 250ohm edition. Much nicer sound than the Denons (at a significant increase in cost I might add) that also allow some sound to leak in - not as much as the D1001s but I can still hear my home phone ring - but keep sound in where it belongs. BUT, these definitely need a good amp to drive them.

Hope this helps.

My D1000's were great for the office: no sound leaked out, but I could still hear the phone and people talking near me, but not my boss around the corner
wink.gif
The pads could be a little warm at times with extended wear.

When the D1000's died, I snagged a pair of the DT-770's during Amazon's amazing $108 deal. They're a definite step up in terms of sound qulaity, but do provide significantly more sound isolation. Now people can sneak up on me, and I've had to turn the ringer on my phone up all the way (which everyone just loves). They're also more difficult to keep on my head if I'm moving my head around at all. I haven't decided yet if the DT-770's are really going to work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back