Headphones for Trance, House, Techno, Goa
Feb 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

zoka

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Can someone recommend me headphones with enough bass for these genres?

I already have the DT770s and love them for bass and midrange, but they tend to have some major spikes and drops above 2 khz. Is there anything out there that is just a little bit less boomy under 50 hz and more flatter above 2 khz?

I have owned these brands and don't want anything from them:

Ultrasone
Technics
Pioneer
Sony

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 8
Thank you all. I like the frequency response of SoundMAGIC, it looks very flat. The Senns are too expensive for me right now.

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 8
I got a set of the Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 and I think that they are perfect for EDM. If you go over that thread, there is tons of information about the specifics of how they sound and what they are cable of. I know for me, they have the exact sound I was looking when listening to trance. The bass is highlighted, but not overpowering. Overall, they have a great sound. Hope that helps

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 8
Have you tried using an amp?

My DT770s don't sound nearly as good without an amp as they do with one. Even something as cheap as a Little Dot Micro+ helps. (Which I just discovered isn't made anymore.)

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 8
Cool, will check out those Audio Technicas. And yes, I have a Lavry DA10, and Ecler Nuo 2 for preamps. Got no problem with the DT770 Pro 80ohms, best I've tried yet, but just want something as a second opinion.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 8
  SoundMAGIC HP100. (BTW, what genres?)

Hey I got the SoundMAGIC HP100 and I gotta say these are the best phones I have tried so far regardless of price. They're fairly flat, warm, and transparent. Couldn't say that for most other phones. Much better than Beyerdynamic DT770. The DT770 have more bass but with the HP100s I could hear it lower and better, even when there's low end distortion. That's a first for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back