Headphones for the gym
May 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RcasMavs

New Head-Fier
I'm sorry if there was a thread on this. I searched and couldn't find a recent one. If I missed it, feel free to delete this one and direct me to that thread. Thanks.

Anyway, I've always just used the iPhone earbuds at the gym. It's time to grow up. There are two lines I'm looking at right now, but I'm torn between the two. The Polk Audio Ultrafit 1000 or one of the Sennheiser-Adidas models. 

What would you guys recommend? When I exercise, I do cardio work and also weight lifting. I sweat, but not an enormous amount. I'm basically looking for an in-ear headphone that I can get for around 30-40 dollars. 

May 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #2 of 9
Hello,

I wrote an article about my own gym earphone experiences here - http://audiophilereview.com/headphones/an-athletes-best-friends---five-in-ear-headphones-ive-actually-used.html 

I like the UE 200s and Paradigm Shift E-1s for under $50.

May 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
The 200's are only around 15 dollars on Amazon. Would it be a safer idea to go with the 350's for around 40?

I'd say stick with the 200's. I can't imagine the 350's being worth more than twice the price. $15 is a nice price, I put the UE200 ahead of my CX300-II which cost me $80 like 3 years ago.

May 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 9
I have been using headphones in the gym from 1991 on. One issue is they can get pulled out when you do not expect it. I like skull-candy Inked as they seem pretty strong for what ever they sell for now days. The other more important issue is getting the cord out of the way so you can avoid hazards. I figure the ultimate rig would be a nano mounted into a seventies terrycloth sweat headband so the headphones just dropped down into your ears and no chance of getting ripped out.

May 29, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 9
How high is your charge card limit? :) - Get both, return one...as long as you know you're returning one, you can keep the packaging pristine.

And I'm sorry about the broken link - clicking on headphones would get you to the article...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back