Headphones For The Gym
Mar 23, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #91 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimokalihi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like the slight amount of pressure you feel in your ears when they're in. Is this only with closed designs?

It depends on the kind of pressure you're referring to. If you speak of the circular pressure of the tips, then no. If you speak of the kind of pressure you can feel when a plane takes off, then yes -- if you get a very good seal. It is the air pressure against your eardrums.

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #92 of 104
Quote:

Yeah I guess living in the USA you never think about how much it sucks to buy from the USA if you live out of the country. That is until you can't find a product sold here and have to get one from europe and that's when you realize it's a bitch. I ordered some car parts for my subaru from a place in canada and ended up paying about $40 in customs fees on top of shipping and it took a month or a month and a half to get here.

Here, er6i = $127
Here, CX400 = $128

That gives you an idea of the local prices. And salaries here a lot lower than in the States (about 2/3).

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #93 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here, er6i = $127
Here, CX400 = $128

That gives you an idea of the local prices. And salaries here a lot lower than in the States (about 2/3).

wow. I remember when the er6i was $50 USD shipped from palm.com
I guess I should have jumped on that deal.

Mar 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #94 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here, er6i = $127
Here, CX400 = $128

WOW! I was pissed because I spent $80-$90 on the ER6i's!

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #95 of 104
IMG_0261.jpg
[/QUOTE]

vs.

ear.jpg

The curls of my ears seem pretty deep, compared to those of the ears I've seen on those boards, yours included. I fear that the part of the CX380 that goes against your earlobe would prevent its tip from even reaching my ear canals. For instance:

sampo.jpg

If I try to wear it as you do the CX380 on your picture, the black tube from which the cable bumps into my outer ear and the tip can only reach my ear canal and get a good seal if I push and bend the tube. But the CX380'tube wouldn't bend, of course.

ear-sampo.jpg

Aaaah! I just want perfection! For cheap!

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #96 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dah-Dee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a pair of headphones for the gym and would prefer something not in-ear; I've been looking at the Sennheiser PMX80 and am hoping for input on this particular model. I get a pretty good sweat going when I exercise and like the fact that these probably would be impervious-ish to that. Noise isolation isn't a huge factor, although I would like to hear my music more than what's piped into the gym. Thanks for any info!

PMX80:

pmx80.jpg

Anyone? Thanks for any info/input on the PMX80!

Mar 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #98 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PMX80 should be similar to the PMX70.

Search this forum for more info on the PMX70, and check out this review: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/rev...-sport-186207/

Thanks for the link! I've actually read in one place (maybe customer review somewhere?) that the PMX80 constitutes a significant upgrade sonically over the PMX70, am hoping someone here can confirm that (or not!). Thanks again.

Mar 26, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #99 of 104
Quote:

Thanks for the link! I've actually read in one place (maybe customer review somewhere?) that the PMX80 constitutes a significant upgrade sonically over the PMX70, am hoping someone here can confirm that (or not!). Thanks again.

That would be very interesting if true! Do you have a link to the review?

EDIT: I found it on Amazon. I might have to get a pair of these or the MX85.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #102 of 104
Quote:

Any update on the Scottevest sport polo or shirt? Can't remember how it's spelled. SEV I think is the abreviation.

I want one.

Yeah, SeV. I'll order a polo shirt, a long-sleeved T-shirt, and a tropical vest/jacket, within the next month or so.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #103 of 104
Quote:

My main listening time is at the gym, so I am searching for headphones that will work best for me on the treadmill.

I can confirm that not only is the pmx80 better sounding than the pmx70, it is more comfortable. The pmx70 has too much bass, and the bass that is there is muddy. The pmx80 sounds cleaner and tighter. Also, putting them side by side, the space between the earphones on the 80 is greater than on the 70, and the shape of the headband is very slightly different, so they do not push in your ears as tightly as the 70.
I like the sound of the sony ex85 a little better than the pmx80, and they stay in my ears on the treadmill. The only complaint I have with the ex85 is that for softer music I can hear my feet pounding which is a little annoying. A tip I got on this forum is that the sony outlet stores have the ex85 at a really low price. I might just have to keep both
biggrin.gif

I am surprised that the Philips shs8000 is not mentioned in this thread since it pops up on other "gym" threads. I keep telling my wife, I will try just one more pair, I promise.

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #104 of 104
akg k1000's. Small, discrete, stay on the ears great, and isolate very well. Plus the ladies will love how cool you look with them.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back