Headphones for Tascam US-16x08 Audio Interface 250 or 32Ohms?
Jun 10, 2020 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GazzaPax

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm a new member, I'm learning Logic Pro X, and a newbie in terms of understanding impedance etc. I've been a musician but now increasingly moving towards recording.

I am fairly decided upon BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro CloseBacked headphones and would prefer to purchase 250Ohm option for my Tascam audio interface (US-16x08), rather than the 32Ohm or mid-impedance version.

While I'm sure any of those models would work, if there's a few dB difference by going for the high impedance 250O version, I really don't understand how that would impact what I hear through the headphones. will it simply mean I just turn up the phones output knob a notch, or will it have a fundamental impact ? My preference for the 250Ohms option is that the reviews Ive seen suggest the higher impedance offers a superior audio response. I'm fairly settled on the DT770 for the comfort they offer as well, while wearing them. I already have some old DT331 (which are open backed).

While I'd love to go listen somewhere, the lockdown means I have to buy without trying. Any advice for this newbie very much appreciated

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back