Headphones for Sports Sugg. Needed
Aug 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

1hrSleep

New Head-Fier
Heya, all. I need some help.

So, my SA6 wireless is now dying out and I'm not too keen on using it much after I get it repaired. I was hoping for headphones or IEMs (best if they were headphones) that would be good for an active life/rough handling. My Sennheiser headphones are so far my most reliable as I've had them for about 3-4 years and replacing the cable has been so easy and cheap.

The problem is that it's on top of the head.

Sports: Walking, running, cycling, and squash.
Wanted: Durable, detachable cable, good bass and mids, behind the neck (if headphone), or easily worn one sided (IEM).
Use: Walkman + iBasso T2 Amp
Considering: UE Super.fi 5 EB, Koss Sportapro, Koss KSC-75, Sennheiser IE-8,

The biggest factor (besides SQ) is durability/longevity in terms of cable quality/replacability.

Thanks, all.

Aug 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #2 of 4
The CX380 Sport II is recommended i think. No removable wires there unfortunately. If its anything like the other sennheisers, bass won't be a problem.

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 4
I've had the CX300 (very first IEM from Senn, right?) and I didn't like how the cable conveyed movement noise. Do you know if this is an issue with the CX380?

I'm definitely buying the Sportapro later today but I'd like a nice durable IEM too.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 4
For cycling I really like the Yuin PK series. They have a full sound without blocking out alot of the ambient noise (like dump trucks). They fit well in my ears and seem to be fairly hardy.

I've been trying different cycling options for over twenty years, going back to a Sony Walkman and a pair of OEM headphones, a iRiver IFP and Koss Portas Pros and even the iGrado headphone (phew - heavy and hot, but act as good ear mufflers in cold weather!).

This combo is definitively the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back