Headphones for rap/hip hop on iPhone
Sep 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KrisOVOXO

New Head-Fier
Basically I want something decent, for around £250 or less (think around 400$?) for rap, hip hop and DnB. With good bass, and just clear. I have no experience with headphones or sounds so don't knock me for my lack of knowledge haha! Listened to Beats and thought they were okay but not for the money they're worth and was sure there are miles better headphones!

I've been recommended:

B&W P5
Grado sr-225i
Audio Technica ATH M50
Sennheiser Amperior
Akg k550
Denon D2000

Any of these good for what I want? If so which are supposedly best and which should I forget about?

Thank you and again, sorry for my lack of knowledge

Edit: ill be using my iPhone to listen to music so bare that in mind

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Do you need it to be portable?
If yes, I'll recommend you the V-MODA M80s, they're not the clearest, but I find their bass great for hip-hop, it isn't light nor it is too big and bombastic.
If you're looking for headphones to use at home, I'll recommend you the Denon D2000s. I haven't heard them myself, but from what I read, they should be perfect for your requirements.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 3
The M80 are highly recommended with AMPs like C421 and both will give you bass you are looking for these genres music. The other headphones like Ultrasone Pro900, Audio-Technica ES10 and Klipsch M40 are also great buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back