Headphones for my situation?
Oct 24, 2009 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

moofs

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys! Total noob here. I need help with picking the best set of headphones for me. I read the stickies and buyers guide. Glad I did, before I was going to get Bose or Skullcandys. I like what the buyer guide recommended but need to narrow it down depending on my uses. Thats where you come in!

INFO:
-My MAX budget is 150$
-I will be using these mostly on the train and in a library/study area and walking to class. So nothing that leaks to much sound, nothing open.
-I listen to a lot: rap, hiphop, ska, indie, rock and alternative.
-I will use these with my ipod only! (I know thats a factor)
-Being I will be wearing these all over, nothing huge.
-If you need to know more, please ask.

And I'm sure it'll be asked, I'd rather have over ear since I dont like in ear stuff, doesnt fit comfortable for me and they always seem to come out of my ear. Unless you insist on some you think will be best for me. So far I've been using the apple earbuds. (First pair of headphones)
Thanks!

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 10
Sounds to me the Audio-Technica ES7's would fit the bill. Rock and Hip-hop sound great on my ESW10's and I hear the ES7's have a similar sound signature. My only gripe is that they're a bit fatiguing.

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 10
I just read some more stickies, I guess earbuds are fine with me but not really anything IN ear. I just cant get use to putting that in my ears. Though I see how having an earbud could lead to less of a good sound having all that open space around it. Nothing to seal it. Still, unless u strongly feel some kinda specific in ear/earbud is best for me, try to recommend over ear headphones.

any other suggestions?

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 10
I have found that it takes some time to get used to IEM's. My first E2c's were very uncomfortable for the first week or so but then my ears adapted and they feel just fine.

However, if you will be out walking and such closed isn't necessarily a good idea since you can't hear much else. This can be hazardous depending on how aware you are of your surroundings. Basically, I think that you may be on the right track with a closed can.

Oct 24, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romulus1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have found that it takes some time to get used to IEM's. My first E2c's were very uncomfortable for the first week or so but then my ears adapted and they feel just fine.

However, if you will be out walking and such closed isn't necessarily a good idea since you can't hear much else. This can be hazardous depending on how aware you are of your surroundings. Basically, I think that you may be on the right track with a closed can.

by that do u mean closed in ear? and I should get the closed over ear?
I mean, I'm usually walking on campus. If thats what you mean, I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back