Headphones for my mp3 player?
Sep 14, 2003 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

itch

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for headphones that can be used on my mp3 player for below $150CDN. After reading through some of the threads I was thinking of getting the Sony MDR-V6 but after looking around on the web, I can't find a place that sells them to Canada (I live in Toronto)! I also searched around for the Sennheiser HD-212 with not much luck either...so basically I'm stuck with the headphones that are at Best Buy, Futureshop, and Radio Shack. The only one that actually looks good and is below $150 is the Sony MDR-V500DJ, but I don't think they are very good based on what I've read. If anybody knows a place in Toronto that sells good headphones please tell me!

Oh yeah, my mp3 player is an iRiver iFP-190T
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/iFP-190T.asp

Thanks in advance!

Sep 14, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 8
Sep 14, 2003 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 8
I think MillionBuy ships internationally. The have V6's

The Grado 60/80 and Alessandro MS1 ($99 shipped) are other better sounding options, but open (leaks MUCH) and not very terribly portable (cord is not that flexible and long, etc.). Senn 497's is another, though again open (leaks less though). Can be fine for transportable situations where isolations isn't a must.

The Shures are another.

I'd pick all the above over the V500DJ's and 212's.

And welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Sep 14, 2003 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 8
If you upped your budget just a bit, you could get theh ER-6, which destroys anything in it's price range. It's very different, sticking those things down your ears, but if you don't mind having drivers 1mm from your ear, they sound incredible.

Sep 16, 2003 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for your replys!

Just a few quick questions:

1. If I buy the Sony V6 at Millionbuy what would be the approximate shipping and custom charges? ($20,$30,$50???)

2. Does anyone know if they sell the V6s at Bay and Bloor, and if so how much?

3. Will the V6s work on my mp3 player, becuase I've been looking at some pictures and the plug seems too big for my headphone jack.

4. A bit off topic, but how old are the V6s?

Nov 16, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Try takefiveaudio.com
I purchased a set of Grado Sr 325 from Gene and was really happy with the price and service.
I don't know what he is selling the lower end for but you can always call and ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back