Headphones for movie-watching
Dec 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheGreatNisse

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for headphones to be used primarily for movie-watching, and want the surround experience. Got a Macbook Pro and a PS3 as the connection possibilities (toslink and usb). 
Been thinking of the newly released Creative Recon3d Omega (http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/tactic3d/recon3domega/) that has recieved good reviews, but mostly for gaming. I have no experience myself of headphones and no special requirements, just a price-worthy sound optimized for movies.
My budget is around $ 250, and i would appreciate some recommendations and explantations to which pair i should purchase.

Didn't find any previous threads that could give a good answer for my issue, but please link if there is...

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi,

I use my TDK WR700 wireless headphones for movie watching on a laptop. It's nice to not become entangled with wires when I get up from the sofa to make a coffee and I can still listen to the film in the kitchen.

Cheers.

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Heya,

AudioTechnica AD900
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Sennheiser HD598

Very best,

Thank you for your reply!
Do i need any external sound card or anything for the headphones? was thinking about the surround effect...
Pretty interested in Sennheiser, any model that are worth spending a little more money on? Any wireless that is as price worthy as the other models?

Dec 30, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 5
No they don't need to, or at least HD598 doesn't need to, so they are convenient. IMHO,I believe movie headphone needs to be 1  light, no one wants to wear a heavy cans like LCD2 for 2 hours
                      2   convenient, just put on the headphone and use, no need for amps
                      3   balanced on low, mid and high. 

I use HD598 for movie and it feels great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back