Headphones for Ladies?
Sep 19, 2002 at 12:33 AM Post #16 of 34
steve,
i bought some sony ex70 for my wife to wear on the bus. they are stylish and have some isolation, and good if she's not too picky about sound. my wife loves them.

a couple of better sounding ones that also look very stylish are the sony e888 earbuds (nice sound, little isolation), and the sony d66 eggos (also nice sound, and a little more isolation).

Sep 19, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #17 of 34
I vote for KSc35s ...

Back when I sported a perfectly manicured 'fro and could not endure any indents, etc my choice was the KSC35s. I could wear small to medium flat earrings with no problem. Small hoops are okay - big hoops aren't going to make it. When I wore them at work I didn't take them on and off - I unplugged them.

I also liked the Sony A34s which I used at the gym. They're pretty inobtusive when you care about your hair and no problem with any type of earring.

I've never done the behind the neck thing. These days I don't really care (we're casual)and I use whatever I'm in the mood for. Of course, I have different hair and small or no earrings.

Sep 19, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 34
If you'd just like some better earbuds than the ones that come with the unit, pick up some Sennheiser MX-500s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 11:49 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Why would headphones for ladies be any different than headphones for men?
confused.gif

I actually asked my wife... she says it's a 'Hair thing'. They don't like damaging their hairdo.
rolleyes.gif
wooOookey...

Sep 19, 2002 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 34
Personally, I don't care about my hair being messed up. But apparently I'm in the minority of women in America.
wink.gif

Anyway, I am a small person, and contrary to the boss' suggestion, I personally don't find the KSC 55's very comfortable with the behind-the-neck headband. It feels too big, and seems to 'stick out' behind my head.
I think the Koss KSC 35's or 50's are the way to go. They both have great sound quality, are relatively small, don't have headbands, and are affordable. Other posts are correct in that the 35's are considerably lighter and smaller, although not as 'modern' looking. I definately prefer the 35's over the 50's though.
Sennheiser earbuds are OK, a female friend of mine wears them at work and they seem to work pretty well for her. Me, they don't stay in, and even worse, don't sound too good. (Then again, I do work at a headphone company so what do you expect?)
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
steve,
i bought some sony ex70 for my wife to wear on the bus. they are stylish and have some isolation, and good if she's not too picky about sound. my wife loves them.

a couple of better sounding ones that also look very stylish are the sony e888 earbuds (nice sound, little isolation), and the sony d66 eggos (also nice sound, and a little more isolation).

You're married and you have a D66? I thought being married meant you could let yourself go and chill with a pair of HD280 Pros...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 8:28 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
I thought being married meant you could let yourself go and chill with a pair of HD280 Pros...

Errrmm, I've been married 3.5 times and believe me...I'm single now and that's the only reason I have so many headphones!

wink.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 9:50 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Errrmm, I've been married 3.5 times and believe me...I'm single now and that's the only reason I have so many headphones!

wink.gif

I think something was lost there. Never mind...

Sep 19, 2002 at 9:54 PM Post #24 of 34
Meh, my g/f doesn't f**kin' care which headphones I wear. And yep, even she doesn't care much for the so-called "good-looking" headphones - in looks or sound quality.
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #25 of 34
We all know how women love things to match....

give her a pair of Sennheiser m@h40 multimedia headphones. Odds are, they will sound better than the ones that came with the ipod, and they will look good as well.

Sep 19, 2002 at 11:59 PM Post #26 of 34
there's more to the d66 eggos than beauty. besides, the female version comes with a pair of sheer-energy pantyhose inside.

Sep 20, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
there's more to the d66 eggos than beauty. besides, the female version comes with a pair of sheer-energy pantyhose inside.

Ah, so you've shaved your legs and put on your Loretta-outfit, again?
biggrin.gif

Dead-men-don't-wear-plaid-esque greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: I've really enjoyed Ivy's post. Keep on it, lady!
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2002 at 1:13 AM Post #29 of 34
isn't that the steve martin movie where the heroine passes out and stev "adjusts" her breasts for her? man, i haven't seen that in years.

no, actually i got the macho version of the eggos, that come in a sony jockstrap.

Sep 21, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #30 of 34
redshifter: Yup - and Steve Martin get's his willy adjusted in return by Rachel Ward, later on... Good movie. Still waiting for the sequel, which ought to include "a possible nude scene with Juliet", though...
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back