Headphones for Jazz, Schiit
Aug 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pcteechur

New Head-Fier
I am looking for headphones for smooth jazz, acoustic guitar particularly. (Jesse Cook, Ottmar Liebert, Lara & Reyes)
No particular budget, just best for my particular setup which is FLAC files on a MacBook via optical out to Schiit Uber Bifrost & Schiit Valhalla. Headphones I currently use are AKG Q701's, AKG 240's, Sennheiser HD 570 & Sony MDR-7506. Don't care if open or closed back, just looking to add something new and interesting.

Update: 
Just purchased Sennheiser HD 650. Hope to sit back and enjoy just listening to the music.

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 6
  I am looking for headphones for smooth jazz, acoustic guitar particularly. (Jesse Cook, Ottmar Liebert, Lara & Reyes)
No particular budget, just best for my particular setup which is FLAC files on a MacBook via optical out to Schiit Uber Bifrost & Schiit Valhalla. Headphones I currently use are AKG Q701's, AKG 240's, Sennheiser HD 570 & Sony MDR-7506. Don't care if open or closed back, just looking to add something new and interesting.

Hi!

How much are you willing to spend?

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 6
I agree witt you. The AKG K712 Pro are great for Jazz. I'm having a blast with mine, I just got them 2 days ago.

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 6
Well, there are some great headphones out there under 1000, is up to you to decide which kind of sound are you looking for.

Beyers render acoustic guitars very well. You could read about T90s (the black 'Jubilee' edition looks really well) and T1s of course.

I've always felt quite intrigued for Grado Gs1000. There's a new edition GS1000e.

The new Hifiman He-560 also looks very good if you want to try the 'planar' sound

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back