Headphones for iPod?
May 5, 2003 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

MagicBoy14

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently got an iPod and...*gasp gasp* I've been using the earbuds that came with it! Anywaaaaay, I'm not really experienced in high-quality headphones but it sounds like good headphones really worth it. Might anyone have any reccomendations? Oh, not sure if this changes anything, but I listen to mostly rock/pop and classical music. Also, since it's going to be coupled with my iPod, it has to be small and fashionable (nothing overly clunky-looking
tongue.gif
). Any suggestions anyone? Thanks. =)

May 5, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 46
Are you looking for earphones or clipons or headphones? What is your budget?

May 5, 2003 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 46
I suggest the
KSC-35's
Nice rocking little phones for $30 from the Koss website
or if your looking to spend the big bucks the ERS4 is a good choice.
The KSC35's are definitely the "best for the buck".

May 5, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 46
I'm really open to all types of headphones (as long as they're fashionable!) and I'd like to spend under $100, but that's bendable if the right headphones came along.
biggrin.gif
For earphones, I actually did try the MX500 once...I'm not sure if it was just me, but they were REALLY uncomfortable. Ohhh, and I have heard a lot of good stuff about the KSC-35...but I was wondering, would they be good for classical music? I really wanted to get headphones that weren't just good for rock, but were good for classical as well. One last thing: it has to be a headphone driven directly from the iPod. I'm really really anti-amp because it makes you carry around another big hunk of equipment!
tongue.gif
Thanks for your help. =)

May 5, 2003 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 46
For some people the MX500s just don't fit right. But I'm wondering, did you use the foamies cause without mine hurt my ears too.

I don't know a thing about the kcs35s I wish I did but I live at the wrong side of the Atlantic
frown.gif

So can't help you there.

May 5, 2003 at 11:36 PM Post #6 of 46
Er...the foamies? The ones that came with them? Yeah, I did...but they were relaly, really thin and the earbuds still hurt through the foamies. But are you talking about foamies besides the ones that came with the buds?

May 5, 2003 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 46
i haven't heard the ksc-35 (i'm in Europe as well...koss seems really small here) but from what i've read i don't think classical music is the ksc-35s strong point...i'm not sure but i'm guessing maybe the sony d-66 eggos?

May 5, 2003 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally posted by xcalibur
i haven't heard the ksc-35 (i'm in Europe as well...koss seems really small here) but from what i've read i don't think classical music is the ksc-35s strong point...i'm not sure but i'm guessing maybe the sony d-66 eggos?

Every kind of music is the KSC-35's "strong point"
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 12:16 AM Post #10 of 46
I think the Sony V6's or Koss 35's are great with the iPod. Very different though for size, isolation, etc.

May 6, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #12 of 46
hmm.. if looks are important to you, then the KSC-35 may not fit the bill. They look quite ugly to most 'non-enthusiasts'

The ER6s are a great match up with the ipod, if you can deal with the isolation.

May 6, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Every kind of music is the KSC-35's "strong point"

Are they THAT good? i really have to get my hands on one.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #14 of 46
i like my porta pro's more than my ksc35's
frown.gif

i know you said you don't like amps, but they are very small ( super mini , mint )
and an amp makes most headphones sound so much better
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

i like my porta pro's more tha my ksc35's

how does the v6 and sr80 compare to these two then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back