Headphones for Ipod mostly, range max 150USD.
Feb 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #16 of 23
hh, guys. You are quite amazing! Thank you for all the recommendations!

Now I have the other problem.. Lot of recommendation and me unable to decide...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aardvarks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, are you now willing to consider an iem?

What about an iem that is 32 ohm and can be driven to very high volumes with even a zen stone or sansa clip and has the ability to have its sound output shaped by changing ports.

Hippo vb (variable bass) available from Uncle Wilson or Jaben .net in Singapore.

The Hippo Vb are ideal first iem as they do not go very deep into the ar canal. They deliver a similar sound to my $2000 floorstanding speekers and have bass kick like a mule on steroids.

They offer one of the best customer support programs of any store.

Thank you!

Well, so you say that the sound in-ear produce is as good as from closed ones? Probably I am just being ignorant and dont know that it is surely like that... to be honest, I dont trust them. for my small mind,
smily_headphones1.gif
its unimaginable its the same, since I have never listened to any which truly sounded fine.

the customer support sounds pretty nice!

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #18 of 23
HD 25-1 II All the way

Feb 14, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 23
Not sure the HD 25-1 II's are the best option here, there are quite high impedance (hard to drive from an un-amped portable audio player), if you want sound quality and durability, I would go for akg k172's.

Feb 14, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvertonMint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure the HD 25-1 II's are the best option here, there are quite high impedance (hard to drive from an un-amped portable audio player), if you want sound quality and durability, I would go for akg k172's.

I don't agree with this. Although loud does not always equal good, they do not need tons of power...the OP did state that he doesn't want to go deaf.
tongue.gif

I've used HD 25 from 4 different iPods and Cowon i7 with happy results.

Feb 15, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #22 of 23
Hmmm, I was thinking of getting the HD 25's a while ago, but heard that they can sound 'muddy' if not sufficiently amped, I opted for an easier to drive set (AKG K171) in the end.

Having said that, I haven't listened to the HD 25's so the reports of 'muddiness' may have been subjective....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back