Headphones for house/techno/trance???
Feb 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #32 of 47
Quote:
Are the starting point :frowning2:
The XB700 not buy from ebay Chinese ... I do not trust too cheap (35 €).
I consiliate else? AKG K518? Say that's not good?

Don't buy from any chinese seller, often imitations.
For bass, you might be happy with the xb500, I see lot of people happy with them.
Preferring the xb700 is a matter of taste.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #33 of 47
Thanks guys you are very kind 
beerchug.gif

We'll think about it tomorrow ... in the meantime I'm going to a store to try the K518 and assess whether to buy a new headset or not.
Otherwise I enjoy the CAL + FiiO E10 
gs1000.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #39 of 47
Quote:
Should be the equivalent of the PortaPro?
How do they sound these headphones so acclaimed?

No the ksc-75 have more recent drivers, and better sound quality according to some reviews.
There are cheap mods to add a headband to the  ksc-75:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/232714/simple-ksc75-to-headband-mod-easy-as-pie-pics-56k-maybe

The bass of ksc-75 is enough for me, I  use them regularly for jogging.
Enough mid bass, but lacking in deep bass.
The sound is quite grainy, but for not critical listening they are great.

Quote:
I'm looking for big bass.

There's a distinction between amount and quality of bass.
The xb-500 are known to offer plenty of bass, to the point that some people use eq to reduce the bass.
If you want to crush your head with bass just get the xb-500, now regarding the quality they might
not be the best, but hey it's just about fun.

Feb 27, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #42 of 47
I do not want a microphone ...
biggrin.gif

I would like headphones that feel strong ... even the low frequencies ...

The CAL sound great but loud with genres house trance techno and I think they lose something ...

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #43 of 47
Boys, but if by chance I decide to spend a little more ... as you see the Beyerdinamyc D770pro of 80 ohms? Around I read quite mixed reviews ... some say they are superb and there are those who say that have average horrible and have only good bass ...
Also as you see them paired with my trusty FiiO e10?

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #44 of 47
Quote:
Boys, but if by chance I decide to spend a little more ... as you see the Beyerdinamyc D770pro of 80 ohms?

Well the dt770 and xb500 are quite different.
The xb500  has an inflated bass, inaccurate, that people enjoy , because it literally "shake"  your head (and I  bet give nausea to other people).
From what I  understood, the xb with bigger driver (xb700 then xb1000) are able to reproduce better lower bass, and probably
put emphasis in lower bass too.

The dt770 are more about accurate sound reproduction, and are even used in studios by artists.
The dt770 are not focused on bass only, unlike the xb500, and are intended for all kind of music.

Quote:
some say they are superb and there are those who say that have average horrible and have only good bass ...

What some people love , other might hate,  there's a matter of taste too.
Lot of people say the bass of the hd25 II 1 is good, but I  don't  like it, probably because it doesn't reach very low frequencies.

Most likely your fiio e10 would be enough for the 80 ohm version.
But I  don't know which version of the dt770 is best.

Jul 22, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #45 of 47
You want the Sony XB500 headphones, if your looking to have a fun listening experience with your music. With a combination of amplifier like the digizoid ZO2, it would be the perfect package for listening to house and techno music. They will provide you with lots of subwoofer bass and midbass and you will have a great head massage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back