Headphones for Hardcore(not the techno)
May 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dspang

100+ Head-Fier
I'm curious. I am thinking of getting anointed to the world of Grado. But what I'm unsure of is if they would be good for hardcore punk and mid-nineties metallic hardcore. Bands like Agnostic Front, New Day Rising, Converge, Strain, Fault and such. Now I realize that some bands like this have low-fi recordings and hi-fi equipment for this style would be pointless but I"m looking for something aggressive but not too aggessive. I know that Grado's have been known to have an in-your-face presentation. Would it be too much for such music? Any suggestions outside of Grado? I've searched but I haven't found much on headphones for this style of music. Thank you.

May 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the suggestion ajjekko. Zaphod, it's all good. That was pretty good. Ford2, good one. It's not everyone's bag but I love it.
biggrin.gif
ksc75smile.gif

May 18, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #8 of 9
The koss ur40 is under $40 , has titanium drivers , and are good looking and very light and comfortable. They can be driven to deafening volumes with crisp tight sound. They have the same drivers as ksc75 that everyone here raves about.They are one of my favourite phones.cheers

May 18, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #9 of 9
Ford2. It's all good man. No prob. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Much appreciated all. I just recently became acquainted with the portapros. Pretty decent phones. Only problem I have though is that the treble in them seems to have a bit of sibilance. But not too bad. Thanks once again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back