Headphones for gaming
Apr 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

FoxUnitDelta

New Head-Fier
hi, been lurking around on these forums for a while but this is my first post

i'm looking for some headphones for gaming on xbox one and ps4 using a turtle beach elite pro tac as a source and for PC gaming using a sennheiser GSX1200 pro as a source
i will only be using these headphones for gaming so how good they are for listening to music or watching movies doesn't matter

i have seen alot of people recommend the audio technica AD700/700x because they have a big sound stage but most reviews say they have very little bass so that's no good, my current headphones are beyerdynamic DT770 80ohms and i love the sound of them but they are closed and don't really have much sound stage

requirements
open back
removable cable (preferably just a standard 3.5mm cable no weird locking mechanism)
easy to drive

any recommendations?
thanks

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 11
If you like a little extra bass, I'd check out the Philips Fidelio X2.  It also uses a single 3.5mm connector so you could use the Vmoda boom pro mic with it if you play multiplayer games.  Soundstage is nice and big and is easy to drive.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 11
i have had a look at the fidelio x2's, it's a little more than i want to spend but they do seem to be very well reviewed so i'll definitely put them on my shortlist
good call on the vmoda boom pro as well i was planning on using on using a modmic 5 but the vmoda seems like a cleaner solution

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #4 of 11
I think you should also consider the Senn HD598. Has a huge stage and a reasonable amount of bass (def more than the AD700X) and images well. You might read about it and see what you think. It could work potentially.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 11
  I think you should also consider the Senn HD598. Has a huge stage and a reasonable amount of bass (def more than the AD700X) and images well. You might read about it and see what you think. It could work potentially.

thank you for the suggestion, plenty of great reviews for 598's
added to the shortlist along with the fidelio x2's

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #9 of 11
I'm still using Ad700 as my gaming headphones.. Sometime I rotate with Q701 (which I use it for watching movies) but my favorite is still Ad700.

About the weak bass ? Hmm, I don't face it.. I routed my gaming station out to Dac/amp straight to my headphones.. (same setup for movies too)

Hope it help.. Cheers

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #11 of 11
I'm still using Ad700 as my gaming headphones.. Sometime I rotate with Q701 (which I use it for watching movies) but my favorite is still Ad700.

About the weak bass ? Hmm, I don't face it.. I routed my gaming station out to Dac/amp straight to my headphones.. (same setup for movies too)

Hope it help.. Cheers

well the only thing i really know about the ad700 is simply based on reviews but i will try and demo them before making a final decision, i'll look into the q701's as well
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back