Headphones for gaming?
Nov 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #16 of 22
Just pulled the trigger on both the Asus Xonar DG and the HARX 700's like £53 with free shipping. Seems crazy that you can get any type of quality for such a price - but it seems this will beat any "gamer headset" out there at less than half the price!

Thanks for all the answers, If I'm not satisfied with the sound quality I might look into the KRK KNS 6400's or even some Denon D2000's. But I think I'll be more than happy with this setup since I really haven't owned any high end sound gear.

Have a nice weekend
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #17 of 22

Quote:
Just pulled the trigger on both the Asus Xonar DG and the HARX 700's like £53 with free shipping. Seems crazy that you can get any type of quality for such a price - but it seems this will beat any "gamer headset" out there at less than half the price!
Thanks for all the answers, If I'm not satisfied with the sound quality I might look into the KRK KNS 6400's or even some Denon D2000's. But I think I'll be more than happy with this setup since I really haven't owned any high end sound gear.
Have a nice weekend
beerchug.gif

A third party makes the "Asus Unified Drivers", think the latest version is 1.41, install it after you finished installing the official Asus drivers.
Hopefully it will improve the sound quality.

Nov 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
Thanks man, will do that - have also already found an easy to do foam mod I will apply once I get the cans :)

If want to use the Dynamat Xtreme for the cups.
On eBay they sell Dynamat Xtreme license plate kits for $11, comes with a 4" x 10" sheet of Dynamat, best price for Dynamat.

Nov 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 22
I hope people realise that neutral cans are the the best for gaming, especially FPS. You would think that a 'gamer' appealing set of headphones like the bassy Sony XB series is a good idea but in practice, the bass focus makes listening horrible. You're better off looking for good soundstage, detailed and balanced headphones.

That aside, hope you're happy with your purchase OP.
Refer to this thread: Shin CZ's Guide To Headphone Gaming

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #21 of 22
@rezel

Thanks for the link although I kinda smiled when he was talking about competetive FPS on a consol
biggrin.gif
Fanboyism aside I do realize that heavy bass is no go in the FPS genre. So the term gaming headphone actually isn't narrow enough :)

I'm not playing any FPS on a competitive level at the moment so it's all good (even tho I don't think the HARX 700's are supposed to be that bass heavy). I will probably get the KNK KRS 6400 if i need a pair with less bass and good clarity. Or maybe some open ones if I change my mind on that front.

But yea, hopefully these will be for a better all around immersive gaming experience while not being totally useless in shooters. Wil find out in 7-10 days
eek.gif
but that's Amazon free delivery for ya..

Aug 25, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #22 of 22
I was also looking for headphones for gaming. But reading the reviews from different websites its confusing to decide whether open back headphones for gaming or closed back headphones. I read it here and here. Im thinking of opting for open back headphones since I can game with them for long.

However considering that I want to game at night as well and since open back headphones have tremendous sound leaks I'm confused.

Im on a limited budget though and cant get both. Hoping someone could kinda help me here.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back