Headphones for Gaming
Aug 8, 2002 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 28
I've been very happy with my koss-50's and comp games. I think you might like the koss-35's, but being that I don't have a pair I'm not sure of their game performance. I'm sure someone here has tried them and could shed some light on their performanc.

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:52 AM Post #3 of 28
how come you're considering the grado 60's and 225's? those are really different prices ranges....is money a factor?

perhaps for gaming you might want to get something closed, in case you're in a noisy environment.

I use my grado 60's sometimes for gaming. They do the job, they have decent sound position, but im sure there's better out there.

Aug 8, 2002 at 1:54 AM Post #4 of 28
I really like my HD280 Pros for gaming, so that would be my recommendation from personal use.

My Koss KSC35 is great too, but the cord is too short and they don't isolate enough for gaming IMO.

The Beyer DT250-80 seems like an awesome choice from what I have read, but I don't have any personal experience with it and spending $170 on gaming headphones seems like overkill.

Either the Beyer or the Senn could be driven straight from a headphone jack, but will be even better with your Airhead.

Aug 8, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #6 of 28
I love the Beyer 250-80s for games. They offer good isolation (so if you go to a lan you don't hear everything that's going on around you, and you won't hear your computers fans at all) excellent bass response and good positioning. They're also comfortable and extremely sturdy
smily_headphones1.gif

As a plus, they're also really good for music in general.

Aug 8, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #8 of 28
I've used them both with and without an amp, while they sound better with an amp (and yes the airhead would do the job, although a better amp would be better, something like a Meta42 perhaps?) they are still good without an amp.

Of course my preference is to use headphones with an amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2002 at 8:13 AM Post #9 of 28
Like Snufkin, I much prefer closed headphones when gaming. I also don't like Grados for gaming.

Of all the headphones I've owned (which is quite a few
wink.gif
), the best for gaming by a long shot have been the Beyer DT250-80 and the Sony MDR-V6/7506.

Aug 8, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #15 of 28
Stay away from the 570/590 for gaming !!!!!!

Word of advice
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back