Headphones For Gaming? (V-Moda, Beyerdynamics, Philips)
Dec 19, 2017 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Areyn

New Head-Fier
So I've been using my Cloud gaming headset for a little over 2 years now and finally want to upgrade to something a little more "high-end". I want something that's great for gaming and general media consumption, with boomy bass and immersive sound.

My first choice was the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless, currently on sale for $180. The sound signature seems like something I'd enjoy, but I'm not sure how large the soundstage is. I kind of want something that sounds "big" that immerses me into gameplay.

Other headphones I considered were the Beyerdynamics DT 990 Premium & Philips Fidelio X2. The larger soundstage seems great for gaming, but I'm a little concerned about how harsh the highs are. I also have no experience with open back and generally prefer sound cancelling closed back headphones, though maybe it's time for a change?

Hopefully someone on here has experience with some of these cans, but right now I'm leaning towards the V-Moda's. Open to have my mind changed.

Dec 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Philips Fidelio X2 for you.

Great for gaming and general media consumption? Check.
Boomy bass and immersive sound? Check.
Large soundstage and highs that aren't harsh? Check.

You've basically just described the X2 with what you're looking for.

Dec 19, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 3
+1 for the X2. Open back is miles better than closed back (in general) for gaming and music. Active noise canceling headphones are probably the worst for soundstage/gaming. The X2 is essentially everything you described

Users who are viewing this thread

Back