headphones for gaming & music
Dec 16, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thanks! Do any of you know of a good alternative to the Zalman mic? I can't find anywhere in the U.K that sells them, nor can I order one from Amazon.com (they just say it can't be shipped to this country - weird huh?)

Zalman ZM-MIC1 Microphone [ZM-MIC1] from Overclock.co.uk - Overclocking, Performance Computer Hardware, PCs and Laptops

Zalman ZM-MIC1 Microphone [ZM-MIC1] from Tekheads.co.uk Tekheads.co.uk - performance computer hardware

Both out of stock, although I do recall them coming in and out of stock in the past.

Maybe contact them and see if any stock is due then at least you'll know if not and can find and alternative.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #18 of 22
For gaming, go for something X-Fi based, preferably from Auzentech. Maybe you can get a second hand Auzentech X-Fi Prelude for a nice price, otherwise look for an Auzentech X-Fi Forte. The Creative X-Fi cards aren't well respected on this forum, but they are probably pretty decent if you are not too demanding and certainly a step up from on-board audio.

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #19 of 22
Dec 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #21 of 22
triportsad.gif

Dec 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #22 of 22
The zalman clip mic is garbage. The MW2 throat mic works remarkably well.

I also recommend the AD700's; best gaming headphone per price ratio. Not bad for music, too. Only neg is that they are bass shy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back