Headphones for Electronic Music ~ 100$
May 16, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #31 of 42
I just want to say that I'm positively amazed by the Ultrasone Proline 750's for electronica. I've been an electronic music fan since the late sixties, and no headphone comes close to giving me the wide dynamic range and clarity from bass to trebles experience that these headphones give me. Always exciting and loaded with "WOW". I listen to electronica several hours a day either through these or my Polk LSi 9 speaker system, and they keep me just as happy as the Polks do always, with excellent, deep (and surprising) bass extension and amazing sound staging and detailing. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Favorite Internet radio stations for electronica:
http://edmradio.com/
http://www.hbr1.com

May 16, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CTY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just make sure you go the AKG way... Preferably a K501 or higher. I loved my recently gone K501s for electronic music. They do some stuff way better than my Senn HD580s - their bass gets in your way too often for some kinds of electronic music.

K501 is very transparent and seriously one of the best for electronic.

May 16, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #33 of 42
If you can exend your pricrange to 130, check out the ATH-A700s on Amazon. Great 'phones for electronica.

May 16, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #35 of 42
You might want to think about the Sony SA1000 as well. It's big brother the SA5000 is very popular for electronic and supposedly the SA1000 has a similar sound signature, only with a bit less bass extension.

May 17, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #36 of 42
Techno, Schranz, House, Trance, Hardstyle, Hardcore, Drum & Bass, Dubstep, GOA/psy + Beyerdynamic DT770 + decent amp =
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif
and lots of happiness
smily_headphones1.gif

You can't go wrong with dt770.

May 17, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #38 of 42
When i listen to music its mostly on Itunes. Is the EQ there ok or does the sound get worse by using it? Is there anyway to EQ the sound on my XFI Music in general?

Do i have to buy a amp for the HD280 if i dont want crappy sound? Same question for DT770/80 and A700.

May 22, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #39 of 42
Are the A700 comfortable? How do they sound unamped?

As I searched for the DT770 if found many different versions. The dt770 Pro 80, Dt770 Pro 250 and Dt770. Is there a difference between those cans or are they just the same one with other names? Is 150$ a decent price for those?

May 22, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #40 of 42
I usually don't say bad things about MS-1 (btw, I think i have never said anything bad about them (it’s in fact easy to see.. Check a run on my posts and you’ll see what I say about MS-1…) BUT if you are a total maniac for electronic music don’t go with MS-1 or you’ll get a not so good [superb] image of them… I listen to all kinds of music, and among them some electronic as well and I have to say that, IMHO, ms-1 is not the best HP for electronic, mainly with bass – i.e. with mids and highs they do fine (they are superb reproducing real instruments) but when you start stressing them with fast strong bass they just get nervous and do not play perfect.

I’ll say it again! – if you just like electronic music, go for them! Cause they are (they have to be), by far, the best HP for that price with all kinds of musics, BUT if you really love and are “aficionado” to electronic, and will be the guy looking for the extra detail, don’t go for them…

:') this is the first time I said less good of MS-1, but I’m being honest…

If you like, I’ll be posting some “my” MS-1 appreciation thread in a very near future, I’ll talk about that in detail…

Cheers!

May 26, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you like, I’ll be posting some “my” MS-1 appreciation thread in a very near future, I’ll talk about that in detail…

Cheers!

Would be really awsome
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #42 of 42
Today i went to a hifi store and tested some cans. The Grado SR60, SR80, Byerdynamic DT990 and the DT831. I really liked the fun sound of Grado SR60 and SR80 but im not really sure what the big sound different was between those. The SR60 was atleast more comfortable and are very good becouse you don´t need an amp to power them. I wasnt able to listen to the DT770 but someone said there where the same as DT770 but open and much better. The DT990 did cost about 130$. Is that a good price for them? Is there a main difference between GRado Sr60, SR80 and Alessandro MS1? Are the DT990 bad without a amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back