Headphones for Dubstep
Jul 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Colton127

New Head-Fier
I'm in search of a pair of high quality, portable, decent looking and comfortable headphones for mainly dubstep/hip-hop bass heavy music.

I want a pair of headphones with booming bass, a basshead set for sure, while maintaining clear mids and highs. I want to be able to turn the music up LOUD with booming bass that won't completely drown my mids and highs.

I'm considering the follows pairs:
-Audio Technica WS99 (Had my eyes on these for a while, they seem nice.)
-Beats Pro (can get em for $200 really good quality, geninue)
-Audio Technica Pro700MK2 (May be uncomfortable for me)
-Beyerdynamics DT series or Custom One Pros (portability issues with these?)

And a FiiO F11 Amp (are they worth it?)

Would love to have remote control, high quality that won't break, removable cord, and a pair that looks decent. 

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
I'm in search of a pair of high quality, portable, decent looking and comfortable headphones for mainly dubstep/hip-hop bass heavy music.

I want a pair of headphones with booming bass, a basshead set for sure, while maintaining clear mids and highs. I want to be able to turn the music up LOUD with booming bass that won't completely drown my mids and highs like my Turtle Beach X12's do.

Would love to have remote control, high quality that won't break, removable cord, and a pair that looks decent. 

First off, dont buy the beats. They'll rip you off. Secondly, i recommend you checking out the Pioneer STEEZ Dubstep and Pioneer STEEZ 808. The Dubstep is definitely tuned for massive bass movements and the 808 has a Bass Control which allows you to adjust the bass whenever you want.

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 9
Meh for $200 the beat's wouldn't be the worst, better than paying $250 but the leak sound (for a closed can), lack detail and will break.

I suggest the DT770 Pro 80ohm or Custom 1 Pro's but over them I would suggest the V-Moda M100's they are $300 but fold up and are pretty indestructable, you shouldn't need an amp the the E11 or E07k would provide you will a little cleaner power and a bass boost, but you would only really need them with the beyer's or anything over 60ish ohm's.

If you are a crazy bass head and just want your head smashed in with bass get the Pro 700 MKII's or throw a Sony player, ZO2 or amp with an EQ app on the other 2.

I used Klipsch Image ONE's with the clear bass jacked on my Sony S series.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 9

I want a pair of headphones with booming bass, a basshead set for sure, while maintaining clear mids and highs. I want to be able to turn the music up LOUD with booming bass that won't completely drown my mids and highs like my Turtle Beach X12's do.

Hello!

I think you should avoid the "Beats" as they are kind of overpriced and you are paying more for the name and popularity. Just try to avoid it.

If you are thinking of pairing your headphone with an amp, I would suggest you not to get a headphone with in-line remote control as it will not work on the external amp! If that is the case, my favorite EDM headphone would be the HD439, UE6000 as well for the genre you listen to!

Hope this helps!
Billson :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back