Headphones for Counter Strike?
Jun 19, 2004 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

xlEnt

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought the sony v6 and the upgrade from the Senn. pc150 was huge. Direction is so much better i dont know the technical term but i can place where i hear the sounds alot better.

Anyways I can still return it and get the senn HD280 pro because there both at the same price point. The only reason im considering the the change is because of all the better reviews i hear of the HD280PRO and the ability to change all the parts on it exp the cord.

but then again.. the grass always seems greener on the other side so...

I still have 29 days or so with the Sony V6. But I cant really get a test of the HD280PRO's because they dont sell them at Fry's

Any input would be GREATLY appreciated thanks

Jun 19, 2004 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 9
If I could use the search, I'd give you a link to a comparative review of both those cans.
But anyway .. the review concludes that both phones are good, and that the V6 is probably better for your uses.
If you like them, keep them
wink.gif

-Taurui

Jun 19, 2004 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 9
My husband likes the dt770's and pimeta for CS and Wolfenstein playing. I don't play those games much though, but I echo the opinion that if you like them, keep them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 9
hehe. I bought Sennheiser HD600's for Counter-Strike and listening to music. I’m quite sure it'll get the job done.
biggrin.gif

I've also heard very good reviews for the Senn. pc150's
CS doesn't require a really good headphone though, because once your experienced enough just hearing a small footstep will tell you exactly where they're. Before I bought my Senn. HD600's I used a really pos. Labtec Headset which is broken now. But it got the job done.

Hope that helps your decision.
600smile.gif

Jun 19, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 9
I'd stick with the V6 because, in my opinion, it is a superior phone in nearly every sonic aspect, semi-portable, better looking than the HD280 and more comfortable. To my ears the V6 sounded great--detailed (well, except in the bass) with a nice attack and tonal character. The V6 has its' flaws--it's somewhat bright, mids are a little recessed and the bass is a bit undetailed and "buzzy" sounding but compared to the HD280 I thought it sounded superior. I found the HD280 to have a honky tonal character and way too little bass (yeah, it's bass does go low but so does the bass of the V6). If you get a chance, though, I'd advise you to try out the HD280 since the V6 vs. HD280 war has been raging here for many years with many members on either side.

Jun 19, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrickhat2001
If you get a chance, though, I'd advise you to try out the HD280 since the V6 vs. HD280 war has been raging here for many years with many members on either side.

If you are interested, the Sennheiser HD280PRO are available from zzsounds at the following link for $99, free shipping, no sales tax (except NJ residents), with a 30 day return policy:

http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?fo...=14&submit.y=8

I've read from Head-Fi'ers that zzsounds is a reputable vendor that honors its return policy. I have no personal experience with them. I'm just bringing this up in case you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back