Headphones for computer use, movies, mp3 and gaming
May 16, 2004 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Sandaker-

New Head-Fier
The Topic says it all.
Im going to buy a Headphone for computer use, movies, mp3 and gaming.
If someone got some good tips, just tell me. I would prefer if the price didnt go more than 170$

-Thanks for all replays
smily_headphones1.gif
600smile.gif

May 17, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 9
I second the advice to get out of here as soon as sanely possible. Is there a way to block access to headfi from explorer and netscape? I am seriously considering this option right, as I have just had the unholy thought of selling my car to finance an Omega II system purchase...
eek.gif

May 17, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 9
The Audio Technica A500 are a good, well rounded choice for about $100, but be aware that they are a bit on the big side. You can get them from Audio Cubes. If you want to get into the bigger league we'll need more info about music types and where you're plugging them in to.

May 17, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
I second the advice to get out of here as soon as sanely possible. Is there a way to block access to headfi from explorer and netscape? I am seriously considering this option right, as I have just had the unholy thought of selling my car to finance an Omega II system purchase...
eek.gif

hahahahha. Oh god, and I thought considering selling my gba flashcart for a good cmoy was bad. Oh and btw i'm still considering that if anyone wants to pm me to persuade a trade.

May 17, 2004 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Headphones for computer use, movies, mp3 and gaming

I seconds comandos suggestion, A500/A900 are very good heaphones for the money, they can be driven fine by a soundcard without needing an amp, but an amp could make them shine.

Another good heaphones for gaming and movies are DT770-250 but you will need an amp to power them to have a good performance out of them, so they could go a little out of your budget, still they are the best heaphones for gaming and movies, for music they are decent but the bass is to emphasize for certain music.

Another good option could be Ultrasone HFI-700 DVD edition, they sell for around $190 and you could drive them without an amp.

You might want to look at this thread Need to buy Gaming Headphones in 170$'s Range.

Good luck with your choice,

May 17, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 9
sry, double post

May 17, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 9
i say a500/a900

i cant say the differences between the 2, but if you search the forums, there are posts about differences between the 2. i think if u got the a900's you would be happy with them for a long time, run and never come back. i have the "hrmm, i want to buy these headphones to hear what they sound like."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back