Headphones for computer audio + movies under 100 Euros
Apr 26, 2012 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

katabatik

New Head-Fier
Hi

I've asked a similar question before, but after a lot of reading, I though I should be more specific. There are so many options and so many opinions that it is hard to decide. Anyway, here it goes.

Requirements:
- Comfort: i'll be using them for extended periods. Where I live can be very hot in summertime, so that is a consideration also, since my ears tend to get hot when I use headphones.
- Isolation: they must have good isolation from outside noise. I already have the Yuin G2 clip-ons for when I must be able to listen to outside noises (wife calling, phone ringing, etc.). BTW, I'm quite happy with the Yuin G2's sound.
- Portability: I have a large backpack for my laptop, so they don't need to be compact. Being foldable would be nice, though.
- Amplification: I don't own an amp and I don't intend to buy one, so headphones that need and amp are out of the equation.

Uses:
- Classical, Opera, Solo Piano, Classical Guitar, Jazz.
- Movies
- Gaming (occasionally)

Budget: About 100 Euros. I can throw 20 or 30 Euros more if it really makes a difference.

I dislike strong bass, so basshead phones are not a consideration. I like to feel immersed by the music and the sound of the movies I'm watching. I favour good soundstage, instrument separation and a slightly warm sound.

I hope I was specif enough without being too specific
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 2
Closed and Isolating headphone will get hot.
Samson SR850 (made by Superlux) are semi-open headphones and well under your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back