Headphones for brothers birthday
Sep 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mdh994

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,
So its my brothers birthday on the 11th of this month and i want to get him a good pair of headphones.
- I don't want to spend over 120 dollars
- He plays games with them, most likely racing and world of tanks
- He listens to rock, hip hop and electronic
- He loves bass
- I have the m50x's and love the sound maybe something similar?

I am thinking the shure 440's
I was also thinking a pair of graddo headphones mainly because i love the look of them :p
do you guys have any recommendations?

Cheers.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Sep 4, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Well I just bought the ATH-WS55X Solid bass headphones for this reason:
"These Audio-Technica masterpieces are specially designed for those who frequently listen to rock, techno and hip-hop music."

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Would these probably be used for portable situations, or desktop (open or closed)? UE6000's can be found cheap, maybe older M50's, Beyerdynamic DT770, those are all kinda similar... Sounds like you think basshead cans would be best? Check this thread for basshead ideas:: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club. M-Audio Q40's might work really well for that within budget!

*LOL missed it*

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 5
  *LOL missed it*

Thanks for the reply, I made my mind up quite quickly lol, as soon as I saw that bit about rock, hip hop and electronic, i was like, yep that is my brother
tongue_smile.gif

I really like Audio-Technica gear, i think they look great and are well built and I love the sound of my m50x's.
After watching a few reviews, they said that they had well controlled bass and the mids and highs were surprisingly good.
  It's a simple thing. Have a look on Amazon or Ebay and other stores online. They offers what you want to buy!
By the way, such as:

Plus I live in australia so amazon is out of the question :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back