Headphones for around $260
Dec 24, 2014 at 3:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ChristianM

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I’ve come here again for your recommendation. Got Sennheiser Momentum over-ear couple of weeks ago and already having low volume issue with my PC, so don’t know about sound BUT the issue is the comfort. The ear cups are little bit small and does not fit well to my average size ears and causes discomfort, both headband and ear cups. My cousin is coming from Canada on 3rd January and I have few days to decide which next over ear headphones to get with well comfort and sound. I have sound blaster Z which I’m gonna use with my headphones. He can’t seem to find Fiio E10K there, out of stock or back order. Main purpose of headphones are music (heavy metal, hardcore and some hip-hop) and movies.

I read that SBZ either gonna have low volume issue just like I have with my Realtek ALC1150 (with Momentum only) or it will damage the drivers at 10-15% volume level.

My budget is $CAN 300 - $US 260.

Can anyone compare V-Moda M100 and Sennheiser Urbanite XL. Or please suggest any other.

Any store in Canada to buy headphones in decent price please?

I have never listen open-back headphones so kindly tell me if they really gonna bother others at home as I like to listen a little bit loud music. I live in average size apartment.

Thank you for reading, waiting for suggestions.

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 4
Canada is an enormous country. You have to be a bit more specific about the city your cousin is staying at for us to give you a recommendation regarding a good store.

I have the same fit issues with the Momentum over-ear. I'd recommend the V-Moda M100 with XL Pads upgrade, or NAD HP50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back