Headphones for a Mid/high lover?
May 13, 2007 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

djdanp

New Head-Fier
Got my sr60s the other day as some of you know, and I was wondering (Since my birthday is coming up soon) what should be the next step? I love the sr60s, the bass is perfect for me, but I feel that the mids and highs are lacking a little bit. I love crisp, fresh highs (Don't know how to really say it) Should I just upgrade to better grados or what? Thanks in advance

May 13, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 16
Get another pair of Grados! The usual Grado progression is SR60 -> SR225 -> RS1
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debaser86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get another pair of Grados! The usual Grado progression is SR60 -> SR225 -> RS1
biggrin.gif

I was thinking that, but heard the 225s dont have as much highs?

May 13, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #6 of 16
The 225's have great highs. It is just that it has more bass than the lower end models. If the bass is just perfect for you, you might want to go for an SR-325i or just save up for a used RS2

May 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 16
RS1 with bowls... IMHO considerably more midrange clarity and treble extension. More bass clarity and extension too... Just more clarity and note distinction all around compared to the SR60.

Amp with a headamp GS-1... superb clarity and resolution.

May 13, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 16
If you're using the comfies with your SR-60, you could save a boatload of money and buy some bowls for them. That really wouldn't cure any upgradotis, but it would give you better mids and highs.

May 13, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're using the comfies with your SR-60, you could save a boatload of money and buy some bowls for them. That really wouldn't cure any upgradotis, but it would give you better mids and highs.

Or, he could buy any other Grado model with bowls, and cure upgraditis and his desire for more midrange and treble at the same time! Take a look at the 325i's, dj, or just go straight for the RS-1's. Good luck.

May 13, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 16
Go for broke and get a pair of HE60. They have the most exquisite highs and all the detail you could ever hope for. Even with a mediocre source and mid-range amp, the mids and highs are still superb. Detail, clarity, refinement, intimacy all in one. Simply breathtaking.

If that isn't realistic, then what about the SR-325i? They've got sparkling highs (almost too much of it IMO).

May 14, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 16
I have the SR 60s my next Grado upgrade was the SR 325i. I really like them alot they are one of my favorite cans. Another suggestion would be put bowls on your SR 60s it really took them to a new level for me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back