Headphones for a hot day
Jan 17, 2013 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

kookoo

500+ Head-Fier
So hey guys, it's 44 Centigrade here in Sydney ATM, hot dry wind. Now as much as I love wearing and listening to my HD650...well not today. (So jealous of my friend over in Sweden sleeping on a bed of ice, literally)
Any thoughts? Advice?

Feel free to post a) how hot or cold it is over where you are b) how do you guys cope with the withdrawal of not using your gear.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 13
44? Schiit that is hot and we had a 44'C day about a week ago.

Reported 29 for today but it was still extremely hot this morning, right now it's cooled down a lot.

For hot day's if I really wanted to listen to music, I'd don't have to move anywhere as we have a split system air conditioner at home with vents to all rooms and does the job wonderfully, since my main music source is my desktop (which run's hot) I have to restrict myself to only listening to a few not so hot solid state amp's, major no to my tube amp otherwise it will be a furnace in my room.

Also I avoid velour padded can's on hot day's so I swap out for pleather pads which I can just wipe down any built-up sweat.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:
44? Schiit that is hot and we had a 44'C day about a week ago.

Reported 29 for today but it was still extremely hot this morning, right now it's cooled down a lot.

For hot day's if I really wanted to listen to music, I'd don't have to move anywhere as we have a split system air conditioner at home with vents to all rooms and does the job wonderfully, since my main music source is my desktop (which run's hot) I have to restrict myself to only listening to a few not so hot solid state amp's, major no to my tube amp otherwise it will be a furnace in my room.

Also I avoid velour padded can's on hot day's so I swap out for pleather pads which I can just wipe down any built-up sweat.

Well in the apartment, we don't have any air con installed (logistics and strata problems), I'm using my parents computer since the system has no fans and it's designed to be cool and quiet. The air inside the home is still cooler than outside so all the windows are closed and the curtains closed as well to stop the sunlight (insert overused vampire jokes).

As for pleather...it's exactly what you said, there's sweat build up which is also not really my thing, any more suggestions?

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
Humid. Yes it should be waaaaaaaaay hotter but it has been raining from midnight. Rainfall levels is very high this month........

how often does it rain during the summer months? My friend is scuba diving a couple of places in indo right now and i would kill to be with her right now

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 13
I'd take a hot 40'C day over a humid one any day of the week. I absolutely hate humid weather not even moving and your already sticky with sweat build-up.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 13
Yeah it was a scorcher today, as for headphones, you need something with velour pads.

Something with real leather earpads is okay, but starts to get really uncomfortable once it hits around ~30C indoors.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #11 of 13
Originally Posted by kookoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm just glad the weather has changed and I will get some sleep tonight

Yeah, unlike that other day where it was 33C at midnight. 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back