Headphones for a friend
Feb 10, 2018 at 12:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hipmp5

New Head-Fier
I am searching for a new headphones. My friend previous headphones were razer kraken 7.1 and steelseries v1. He want them for gaming purposes and to listen some eletronic music so the bass needs to be kinda strong. He was able to try my philips fidelio x2 and was happy with the ability to pin point the enemies in CS:GO which is something he searches for.
ATM he is able to get a Sennheiser HD 599 for 150 € and Philips Fidelio X2 for 170€.
He saw a lot of reviews on the sennheiser and they seem a nice headphones but I need a good advice because I lack experience in this field.
He and I looked into these headphones: Sennheiser 599, Sennheiser 598, Sennheiser 598CS, Philips Fidelio X2, DT 990.

He is very open to some suggestions regarding the headphones that he should buy because he really want them to be super comfortable and have a nice sound while playing and bass.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #2 of 2
Given their intended use, my preference would be for an open headphone--assuming that is doable. The 599 is a good headphone, but as your friend has an interest in bass, I think the more appropriate headphone would be the X2. Another option would be the DT990 but he would need a solid amp in order to drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back