Headphones for 3 years old kids!!!
Jan 31, 2005 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Connie

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some headsets which will fit my friend's 3 years old son. The standard headsets are too large for their heads. Mostly, they will use these headsets for watching DVD inside the mini VAN.

Jan 31, 2005 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Connie
I'm looking for some headsets which will fit my friend's 3 years old son. The standard headsets are too large for their heads. Mostly, they will use these headsets for watching DVD inside the mini VAN.

I would recommend some clip on's like the KCS-35 or KCS-50 from Koss. They are very good and they will stay in place, no matter what, and won't put a lot of pressure on the ears, since they will just hang from them. I also have a 3yo by the way, and it's a good idea to keep the volume really low for them. I am telling you because mine likes the Red Hot Chilly Peppers a lot and you have to keep an eye on him because he likes to crank it up. Chrs.

Jan 31, 2005 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 12
I wouldn't recommend headphones at all because of childs sensitive hearing. Maybe I'm too concervative but I think that hearing is so valuable thing that one should treasure it as long as possible. For children loudspeakers are safer than headphones.

Jan 31, 2005 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 12
The kid's father must be a super headphone fan, loudspeaker woud be ok! btw , is it possible a 3year kid would keep a headphone on his little head?

Jan 31, 2005 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 12
I'm seconding the idea of the Koss clip-ons. Quite inexpensive, too. Low volume, though, let them make the decision to destroy their hearing when they're old enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 12
Anything you get, make sure it's not something he can swallow (ie. earbuds/canalphone tips). I guess biting on the cable is unavoidable...getting a clip is a good idea.

Jan 31, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #7 of 12
I also think that a 3 year old's ears would be too sensitive for headphones. Loudspeakers would be better because the parent can easily control the volume.

Jan 31, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
I also think that a 3 year old's ears would be too sensitive for headphones. Loudspeakers would be better because the parent can easily control the volume.

Ditto. In addition, the headphone and cord create a loop around the childs neck. I think you should just let them listen through the speakers.

Jan 31, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #11 of 12
Cmon - are you encouraging viewing an LCD screen inside a moving vehicle? It may keep the kid off your backs but it will surely land a pair of glasses on his noggin before he enters his teens.

Save his eyes and his ears and do something sensible like playing kiddie music through the car stereo.

THINK!!
eek.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #12 of 12
Thank for your input!!!. After reading your suggestion, I think I should just leave the kid alone....
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back