headphones for 250$, hd595? help
Apr 20, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #16 of 18
I have a HD515 and i don't recommend it at all, not worth 60$. i rather have a PX100..
Check HD25-1 II, it's a DJ headphone. They don't need an amp, the have punchy and tight bass. They blocks external noise really good.

Apr 20, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm... well i guess you're saying is isolation. Is HD 215 closed or open? i guess its open. but it does remove outside noise to an extent. and im happy with that. More the better but its not a necessity.
My current headphones is good in terms of leakage. The sound doesn't get leaked out when i put them on. So thats good, no problems.

i have two questions to ask btw. What is specifically a burn-in? from reading a little here i think it means that the sound gets better and you get more used to it as time goes on. Does this mean that the sound changes completely?

My second question is about the amp. Can the amplifier be installed on the headphone itself? or do you have to connect your headphone to a device (the amp) in order to listen?

thanks for answering
biggrin.gif

the hd215 are closed phones. the hd555 / hd595, for example, are open and leak sound. burn-in is pretty much how you described it. the more you use them, the more the drivers loosen up and start to sound the way they are supposed to sound over time. some believe in it, others don't. i know that mine have improved over time, and although they don't sound "completely" different, they really do sound better than straight out of the box. as far as an amp goes, it is a separate device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back