Headphones: Do your ears get red?
Dec 24, 2006 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Kaluminati

Head-Fier
I've always had a strange issue with my ears, where it seemed at random times they would get bright red and I could feel the blood pulsing through them. The only time I can pretty much guarantee that they will get red, is when I'm using open air headphones. I had no clue why. It's kinda embarrassing as I already have ears that tend to stick out a bit
wink.gif
but when they are as red as beets, that makes it doubly worse. Anyone have similar issues?

600smile.gif
280smile.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaluminati /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always had a strange issue with my ears, where it seemed at random times they would get bright red and I could feel the blood pulsing through them. The only time I can pretty much guarantee that they will get red, is when I'm using open air headphones. I had no clue why. It's kinda embarrassing as I already have ears that tend to stick out a bit
wink.gif
but when they are as red as beets, that makes it doubly worse. Anyone have similar issues?

600smile.gif
280smile.gif

After wearing my grados for an hour or so the tips of my ears are bright red. They don't feel any different than normal, however.

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 12
Do your ears get really hot when they are red?

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do your ears get really hot when they are red?

Yep. but I just take a break every hour or so and it's fine.

Dec 24, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #5 of 12
Then that all sounds normal. The same used to happen to me with my A500s.

Dec 24, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 12
My ears tend to be warm after hours of listening, but never seen a red colour.
Probably because the earpads on my headphones reast on the head and not the ears.

Dec 24, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #7 of 12
I used to get all read from my Grados. I never really noticed lately though now that my ears have become accustomed to the bowl pads. I guess it make sense that if they get warm, the added circulation would do that. My son was a preemie and about a month and a half early. He spent a good 5-6 weeks in the NICU. They had to give him a blood transfusion one time to suppliment his red blood cells. He turned BEET RED (like this
evil_smiley.gif
).... I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
as a first time parent.
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 9:26 AM Post #8 of 12
Mine get extremely hot, as if they were running a fever of 104 or something :p. I've always had that happen at random throughout my life, but it always happens now using these cans (well almost always).

Dec 24, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 12
The main reason why I never use large phones is because my ears get all red and hot, and I *HATE* it. I swear I want to put ice on them when that happens.
Luckily, the inner part of my ears isn't sensitive at all, so I can just wear canalphones for hours with no trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back