Headphones, DAC, and AMP for a blind person
Jul 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

s1mp13m4n

New Head-Fier
     Hello everyone. I was born legally blind but two weeks a go my eye site took a turn for the worse and I am now pretty much blind. I can see light but can not make out detail. I am having to relearn how to do basic daily tasks and also relearn how to use a computer via Apple's VoiceOver and a keyboard. 
     I mentioned that info to get to my question. My main source of entertainment has now become the computer. I mean I am using my iMac for just about everything now from listening to music via iTunes, listening to movies and TV shows via Netflix, and simply learning how to type again, surf the web, etc. I have been taking my cd collection and ripping it with iTunes using Apple Lossless Codec to get the best quality that will work on the computer as well as the iPod Touch. 
     What I want is an entry level setup, bang for the buck, etc for daily use at the iMac computer. I would like something that will stand up to daily use for hours a day. I do not care about how it looks. I want something that can be operated by feel and has no complex displays or touch interfaces on it. Now if this will save some money and is a good set of headphones to begin with....I already have a set of Sony MDR-V6 headphones to start with. I do not want the amp/dac to make music louder, I want it to bring out the quality, better quality than from the headphone jack on the iMac. Thank you for the help and advice. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't think it'ld be worth really getting a DAC/Amp for the MDR-V6. Rather, purchase new headphones first and get a DAC/Amp for it then. I suppose you could just get a DAC/Amp now and see how you like it, but the MDR-V6 are not very hard to drive so I wouldn't expect a large difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back