Headphones.com Creative Aurvana In Ear 3 giveaway Part 2!!!!!
Nov 23, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #46 of 55
[size=10pt]Personally, i research everything to death before i buy cause i don't have ca$h to spend most of the time, so i make sure its well spent. I listen to and make RnB and Hip-Hop and love my bass but need clarity, so when i heard Sleek-Audio's SA-1's in person, i was sold. No other compared personally for me. The aesthetics, the kleer bundle, the tuning tips, everything was superb for me, and didn’t break my somewhat empty bank. By bank I mean jar. I have recommended these buds to everyone I know, cause for the $55 I got them for, they are liquid gold. There are probably better sounding ones out there, but personally the unique sound of these just appeals to me. I create my music with these, but monitor across other sources, but I am lost if I try to initially create without these buds. I’m hooked.[/size]

Nov 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #47 of 55
In the $150 price range, the best IEMS I have heard are the JVC-FXT90 and Brainwavz B-2. The FXT-90, though hard to get outside of Japan, compete with dynamics well above their pricerange, while the B2s are near the level of my Shure SE425s for about half the price. I would be really interested to see how the Creative3 would stack up against those 2!

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #48 of 55
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are still tallying in the votes (reading every post).  There are some very good posts in this thread.  I hope even more people managed to read it than posted because there's a lot of value in these posts!

We want to thank each and everyone of you for sharing your experiences.

Please check back here tomorrow between 12 and 1 EST to see who we selected. (A day later than expected, but we want to make sure we consider all the posts fairly)

Please also remember that we have some very special Black Friday/Cyber Monday Discounts which you can see here

Also, you still have about 12 hours to add to our confusion of who we should choose :)

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #49 of 55
My Sony MDR-NC60 headphones (I got them on sale, so they were less than $150).

My first time listening to them was better than my first time having sex.

That is all.

edit: just realized that you're asking for IEMs, so... I'm just going to take a second to write up something new...

The best IEMs I've ever used was an Altec Lansing Backbeat Pro UHP606, because before that the only IEMs I had ever owned/listened to were a pair of Skullcandy FMJ, and the difference in audio quality was simply night and day (albeit not as big a difference as when I first got my Sony headphones), and it just simply sounded amazing. So far those are the only two IEMs that I’ve owned or listened to.

Nov 28, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #50 of 55
Well I probably won't win the sweepstakes, I look forward to reading about how they compare to other earphones at the $150 price point. Thank you once again Headphones.com for hosting this sweepstakes. It is very generous of you to offer such an opportunity to us Head-Fiers.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #51 of 55
OK,

We have voted!!!!!

And the winner is:

In the $150 and under category, no earphone has quite filled my ears with auditory nirvana quite like my HiFiMan RE-262s. Each note these things present is done with such grace and poise that it makes me question why on Earth HiFiMan is selling them for such little money. These are not analytical or focused on neutrality and it doesn't have to be. The polite but weighty bass response, the wide and deep sound stage, the delicate and non-fatiguing highs and, above all, the buttery smooth mids are unlike anything I've ever heard in an IEM thus far.

Okay, you know what? Forget all the audiophile-ese. These are an exceptional pair of IEMs that bring a smile to my face every time I listen to them. The RE-262s are just Hi-Fi, man.

And I'll see myself out for that terrible pun.

as posted by TheGame21X

There were some serious contenders, and a few office "fights" but we finally agreed upon this post as our winner

Congratulations!!!!

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #52 of 55

Quote:
OK,

We have voted!!!!!

And the winner is:

In the $150 and under category, no earphone has quite filled my ears with auditory nirvana quite like my HiFiMan RE-262s. Each note these things present is done with such grace and poise that it makes me question why on Earth HiFiMan is selling them for such little money. These are not analytical or focused on neutrality and it doesn't have to be. The polite but weighty bass response, the wide and deep sound stage, the delicate and non-fatiguing highs and, above all, the buttery smooth mids are unlike anything I've ever heard in an IEM thus far.

Okay, you know what? Forget all the audiophile-ese. These are an exceptional pair of IEMs that bring a smile to my face every time I listen to them. The RE-262s are just Hi-Fi, man.

And I'll see myself out for that terrible pun.

as posted by TheGame21X

There were some serious contenders, and a few office "fights" but we finally agreed upon this post as our winner

Congratulations!!!!

sounds fun :wink:

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #53 of 55
Hifiman RE0.

I'm bit of an anal person (pun intended). I'm also late as usual. Gratz TheGame21X.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #55 of 55
Thanks for the congratulations guys and thanks again to the folks at Headphones.com for selecting my entry! I can't wait to hear the Aurvana 3s!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back