Headphones.com Creative Aurvana In Ear 3 giveaway Part 2!!!!!
Nov 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #31 of 55
I haven't listened to a lot. But of what I've listened to, I would have to say my Shure SE 215 K is just the greatest thing I've ever listened to. It's simple: they're so comfortable I barely feel them, they block out almost all noise at even a low listening level, they have a rich, full sound signature with strong but not muddy bass, and they just make my ears happy. I wear them every single day; they sound good, they feel good, they look good, they just work for me. Oh, and the incredibly long, sturdy cable may or may not be made of rainbows and clouds, it's kind of magical. Really, I'm sure Shure's higher end IEMs sound better than these, but they all have this insane cable and that cable makes even the lower part of Shure's selection just amazing. I'd love to try out these dual driver's, though, to see how they compare to my beloved Shures and to help broaden my equipment horizons.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #32 of 55
In the $150 and under category, no earphone has quite filled my ears with auditory nirvana quite like my HiFiMan RE-262s. Each note these things present is done with such grace and poise that it makes me question why on Earth HiFiMan is selling them for such little money. These are not analytical or focused on neutrality and it doesn't have to be. The polite but weighty bass response, the wide and deep sound stage, the delicate and non-fatiguing highs and, above all, the buttery smooth mids are unlike anything I've ever heard in an IEM thus far.

Okay, you know what? Forget all the audiophile-ese. These are an exceptional pair of IEMs that bring a smile to my face every time I listen to them. The RE-262s are just Hi-Fi, man.

And I'll see myself out for that terrible pun.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #33 of 55
The only IEM I have ever had any experience with are Skullcandy ink'd. I know, I know. Skullcandy, eww. But come on, when you're younger, skullcandy is the coolest thing on the block. I'm walking down the street looking fly, listening to Micheal Jackson, after my 8th birthday party and nothing can pull me from the clouds.

Unfortunately. Since this experience, I have only tried some sonys, bought by my step-mother, and I was utterly apauled. They hissed as if they were about to injection venom in my ears. I would take the skullcandys over those any day.

I guess what I am trying to get at is, I need a headphone to truly bring my spirits up about IEMs and show me that there really is something greater that skullcandy!

:wink:

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #34 of 55

Quote:
The only IEM I have ever had any experience with are Skullcandy ink'd. I know, I know. Skullcandy, eww. But come on, when you're younger, skullcandy is the coolest thing on the block. I'm walking down the street looking fly, listening to Micheal Jackson, after my 8th birthday party and nothing can pull me from the clouds.
Unfortunately. Since this experience, I have only tried some sonys, bought by my step-mother, and I was utterly apauled. They hissed as if they were about to injection venom in my ears. I would take the skullcandys over those any day.
I guess what I am trying to get at is, I need a headphone to truly bring my spirits up about IEMs and show me that there really is something greater that skullcandy!
:wink:

it's experiences like these that made Bose and Beats successful, no offense.

Nov 16, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #36 of 55
Etymotic's hf5 is the best I've heard -- fairly fast, easy to pinpoint things in the soundstage, nice punchy mids. The only faults I can find are that it is somewhat rolled off at the ends and sounds a tiny bit "thin" usually.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #37 of 55
 I'd have to go with the Phonak PFE112. I've tried the GR07, B2, Ultimate Ears, Shures and many others over the years. B2 is also dual armature but there has to be limitations in filtering a single sound tube 2-way as there's no good way to tailor the bass driver independently without it's own unique filter.

For me, the PFE with gray filter is the best combo of price, neutrality, detail and comfort I've come across. It's a bit dry and perhaps could be a little more refined on top but still great. 2 drive units should be able to do better than the single armature PFE so I'm hoping that the Aurvana In-Ear3 dedicated 2 way with separate sound tubes and unique filters will demonstrate the versatility in design to step it up a notch and have a bit more natural color and sophisticated top end.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #38 of 55
The best pair of IEM's that I have used were the Klipsch Image S4's.  I know they are not the most expensive IEM's, or the best sounding, but we have a history together.  I have done a lot of traveling and my S4s have been a constant and welcome companion.  Music means something different to everyone.  But to me, music brings out emotion and can make something forgettable, memorable.  The S4's managed to do this by being effortlessly lightweight and comfortable while providing a satisfying listening experience.  Wherever I was, whatever I was doing, I could concentrate on that and let the music enhance my experience instead of fiddling with my music player or adjusting my headphones.  Having an immersive musical experience should be the goal of any IEM, and I feel the Klipsch Image S4 gave me that and more. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #39 of 55
oh geez. well i had the beats tour earbuds for a while xD not much to say there rly besides bloated bass and the likes. got it for quite a nice price. that's the only iem besides apple buds i ever had so no wonder they're the best i ever known for a while (until they broke. good thing i got senn cans)

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #40 of 55
Hey everyone!!!

We really do enjoy reading these stories.  There's a few in particular that really stick out.  We're torn between a few, but we'll be voting soon!!

We wanted to post here to remind everyone that we will be announcing the winner on Cyber Monday.

And we also wanted to take this opportunity to let y'all know that we will be announcing our Black Friday exclusive head-fi offers a whole two days early!!!

Please check back here EARLY on Wednesday the 23rd for some very head-fi exclusive offerings!!! :)

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #41 of 55
Actually, the Aurvana 3's were the first multi-driver IEM I really had a good chance to listen to. I don't profess to be an audiophile by any standard, and own cans like the SR60i, Aurvana Live, and earphones such as the Audeo PFE022 (green filter), and Ety HF5 so I am very familair with this price range :wink:

That all being said, I much prefer the PFE022 to the HF5, but neither do it for me like the Aurvana 3s. Perhaps its just the fact of the multiple drivers. Looking forward to trying out some more multi driver earphones in the near future to compare. I got a good listen on the Westone 3s today and was definitely a fan.

Whats a real crappy  and a real good dual or triple driver earphone for me to try and compare the Aurvanas against in the $150 price range?

Nov 19, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #42 of 55
I purchased my vsonic gr07 for $150 when it was first released so I guess that would count although the prices have gone up since.  For me I love the balance the gr07 provides.  The bass is punchy and doesn't bloat into the mids.  The treble is clean hits with a nice sparkle.  My favorite earphone was the ck10 and after breaking it, I do not want to fork over the money to replace it.  The creative aurvana in ear 3 seems like it could be a cheaper alternative to the ck10.  

Nov 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #43 of 55
I'm not really into IEM but i had a chance to use the monster turbines  of my friend and they BLOW my sennheiser cx400 ii out of the water. I remember listening to club can't handle me with these IEM and it felt good, in fact even better than beats headphone pro imho which my friend also let me try out " BTW, Yes she is a beats nut and believes that because its Dr Dre endorsed/expensive it IS the best, one day i'll change her mind, one day.........."

Nov 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #44 of 55
Hi,

I had my first pair of sennheiser cx300 ii purchased and i felt they were very good quality in ears. The difference to the sound you can expect from any normal consumer whose first musical experience is likely with the default earphones that comes with the music player they bought, cue walkman from those tears ago with cassette and then moving on to CD player then to the iphone is tremendous. In terms of details and the range of music you can hear with newer earphones is much different over those years and i'm quite happy now with my Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 from amazon sale at 99 USD last year and a close 2nd my klipsch X5 which offers more comfortable listening. Sadly my monster beats pro turbine earphones came apart in the cold weather in munich when i was listening in the subway and i had to stick them together with glue which works ok now but also a good listening experience.

I'm looking forward to the new 4 driver IEs from sony though this year, which seem to be at an affordable price compared to other 4 driver versions.

Cheers,
manualvin

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #45 of 55
I fixed my mini-review. I don't exactly know what happened. 

So...where are those epic deals? 
wink_face.gif
 I have some newly corrupted friends that would probably be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back