Headphones, closed, covers whole ear, around $100?
Aug 28, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony MDR-7506s are lean on the bass like fuzzy said, which really sucks for your music genre. The Q40s or D1001s may be a good option, but both do leak sound out however.

Disagree with that. They isolate pretty good and sound leak is not noticable. I'd say if your environment is completely quiet, then someone will be able to distinguish lyrics from what you're hearing at about 3 feet. So imagine what will happen in a noisy or normal background sound environment.

Aug 28, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jybo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read some different views about that in another thread for the Q40's. One person said that someone standing a couple of feets awat could hear the music, while another one said that they don't leak at all...

Thinkin about purchasing them from an ebay-seller that has really great reputation for $122 including shipping to Sweden.

Those seem to be really nice, but would you still consider them the best headphones for around $100 that fits my demands in the first post?

Really appreciate all the advices you have given me so far!
smily_headphones1.gif

my requirements when I was searching for my hps are exactly what you're looking for currently. Only negatives I can think of is the fit around my ears is too perfect.. such that my ears get warm after about 20 mins. It can get annoying... especially living down here in Alabama.

Aug 31, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #18 of 20
I would really like to buy the Q40's. It's just that I have to buy them from USA to get a decent price for my wallet.

The difference is pretty big. I can buy them in a store in Sweden for 1500 SEK ($235), or from ebay/amazon for $100 (excluding shipping, taxes and a couple of other fees). The price from USA won't get as high as if I buy them in Sweden, but the difference won't be that big.

$235 is definitely way too much for me to spend on headphones, so do you guys know any similar product that will fit my list?

- Closed (doesn't leek to much)
- Over-ear (covers the whole ear)
- Almost only listen to hip-hop, so they should be great for this genre
- ~ $100

It's really too bad that I can't find them for a good price in Sweden, because they seem so perfect for me. They're also looking great, which I don't find a lot of headphones to do
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #20 of 20
Ok, maybe the Denon's would be a great choice too then...

To make this easy, which one of the Q40's and the D1001's have the best soundquality? Especially for hip-hop, but also overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back