Headphones, check. Amp, not so much.
Aug 27, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeplove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would that be that Yamaha RX-V661?

If so, that's one really nice receiver. I might look into that one myself. Good advice on the 595s. Do you think they sound better than the Audio Technica ATH-A700 closed? I've read some good things about the Sennheisers but I wondered what differences they have. But I know that's another thread.

One question on the amp subject. And I hope it helps out Fawkes77 in which connection is better, but which one would sound better, the HDMI connection or through the Optical? I really wanted to know that.

I've been told HDMI, but that is just hearsay.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

If so, that's one really nice receiver. I might look into that one myself. Good advice on the 595s. Do you think they sound better than the Audio Technica ATH-A700 closed? I've read some good things about the Sennheisers but I wondered what differences they have. But I know that's another thread.

One question on the amp subject. And I hope it helps out Fawkes77 in which connection is better, but which one would sound better, the HDMI connection or through the Optical? I really wanted to know that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawkes77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Both HDMI and optical fiber transmit signal in digital form. It means they don't "sound" anything. The one and only thing when they "sound" something is when bit error rate raises so high that it affects the digital audio signal. And it happens only due to a broken hdmi or fiber optic cable. Okay, since hdmi cable is made of copper you might get so much electromagnetic interference from other devices/cables that it starts to affect transmitted data, but it's very very unlikely. So, if you are paranoid in any way, transmit the digital signal through fiber optic cable and you will always have bit-exact data in the other end as long as the fiber itself is in good shape.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Hearsay?? Its the best digital connection on the planet for Audio & video... Is this even debatable.. Only HDMI can support the HD codecs.. Optical lacks the bandwidth.. Although, optical is still very good..

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

People claim that the 700's crap all over the 595's.. But I never compared the two.. HDMI is better.. DSD with SACD, etc. Look at all the 1.3 functions it can do.. & is better for audio if you have the set up to take advantage of it.. HD codecs..

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #20 of 27
I've officially decided on the 661 receiver, and I would like to know every person's opinion on headphones. I am looking at the Senn 595's and some Audio-Technica headphones, any info?

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

I've officially decided on the 661 receiver, and I would like to know every person's opinion on headphones. I am looking at the Senn 595's and some Audio-Technica headphones, any info?

One thing that I'm going to do is get 2 headphones and return the worst to me. I'm sold on Audio Technica but I'm going to get a Senn just to try it out. Lots of people said that they lack bass or some mids, but Me...and I say me, will try both. I'm aiming for the Closed Back ATs and of course the open Senns.

I've had cheaper Senns and Cheap ATs before and I leaned towards the ATs. Way back when.

But I'm sure that amplified, either or will do. Unless you proved them right.

beyersmile.png

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

One thing that I'm going to do is get 2 headphones and return the worst to me. I'm sold on Audio Technica but I'm going to get a Senn just to try it out. Lots of people said that they lack bass or some mids, but Me...and I say me, will try both. I'm aiming for the Closed Back ATs and of course the open Senns.

I've had cheaper Senns and Cheap ATs before and I leaned towards the ATs. Way back when.

But I'm sure that amplified, either or will do. Unless you proved them right.

beyersmile.png

Sens lack bass? Try the 650's.. I found them to have more boom then the herald bass kings, DT770..

Aug 28, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #26 of 27
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. I'm sure it will be a win win situation for you either way.

atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back