Headphones Can't do Bass = Fail?
Sep 20, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #61 of 87
This Tracker dude is certainly weird.

Honestly what is the point of this thread. You want thundering bass go BUY A FREAKEN SUBWOOFER.

BTW no one plays competitve FPS with speakers. NO ONE. Headphones is a must for competitive gaming, no question.

Sep 20, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #62 of 87
If you want a lot of bass.....go for unmodified DT770s. They have a midrange suckout that makes them the bassiest headphone I've ever listened to. But if you want chest thumping bass....no need to spend that much money: Here is the ticket. Vibrating subwoofers right in the cans man!!

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/skull...06cbc8a8d89b6b

As for those who say use a subwoofer in conjunction with a headphone.....doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of a headphone?
confused.gif
I've got a separate speaker system for when I want to listen to speakers
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #63 of 87
Anybody actually tried one of those skullcandy crushers?
Looks interesting.
Curiosity killed the cat?

Sep 20, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #64 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks interesting.

fail.jpg

biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks interesting.

That kind of curiosity will kill you ears.

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #67 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by johto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What keeps you from TESTING some damn phones already and make your OWN opinion?

How about money? Why spend 100$ on something if I can just ask people here and they'll tell me if it's good or not.
Quote:

Jeez...people at look his last thread... talk about mental masturbation!

They are trying to help. Unlike you.

Quote:

Tracker what are you:

I'm sorry, is that a question? Looks like you skipped a few classes in English.

Quote:

a) troll?

No. I've only made 2 threads. Both were asking legitimate questions about real concearns.
Quote:

b) idiot?

No, that would be you.
You come into my thread to critisize me for asking a simple question.
Then you call me an idiot, a troll and a cheapskate.

You don't deserve to answer my question, you piece of ****.
You were worthless on HardForum and you're likewise here.
Can't help? GET THE **** OUT AND SHUT UP.
Quote:

c) too poor to try some headphones?

Yes. Remmember, I don't live in the US. Prices here are more than double.
And again, why try when I can ask?

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Tracker dude is certainly weird.

Honestly what is the point of this thread. You want thundering bass go BUY A FREAKEN SUBWOOFER.

BTW no one plays competitve FPS with speakers. NO ONE. Headphones is a must for competitive gaming, no question.

Yes, asking about headphone bass is sure weird, isn't it?
rolleyes.gif

I already have a subwoofer. What I'm asking about is HEADPHONE bass!

But you make a good point. Obviously headphones are good enough for professional gamers.

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #69 of 87
Thank You to all those who helped. I think I understand now that headphones don't give you the FEEL of bass, but do give you the SOUND of bass. And that's all that I really want. So it looks as if I'll be getting the HD555, HD580 or HD650 if I can have it shipped from the US for the same price as the HD580 here.

You may burn in hell, to all those who called me a troll, idiot, failure, etc. And especially those who were too busy acting like jerks to actually answer my question and instead score some social points by being impathetic to my needs. You can jam your heads againt your desks for as long as you want, I won't stop you.

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #70 of 87
woooooooooooooooooooooohahahahahahahahaha!
The surrounder:
snakes%20on%20a%20surrounder%20mofo%20sized.jpg

icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #71 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank You to all those who helped. I think I understand now that headphones don't give you the FEEL of bass, but do give you the SOUND of bass. And that's all that I really want. So it looks as if I'll be getting the HD555, HD580 or HD650 if I can have it shipped from the US for the same price as the HD580 here.

You may burn in hell, to all those who called me a troll, idiot, failure, etc. And especially those who were too busy acting like jerks to actually answer my question and instead score some social points by being impathetic to my needs. You can jam your heads againt your desks for as long as you want, I won't stop you.

You seriously don't know why you people think your question is stupid?

Sep 22, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #72 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd say, out of those 3 bass-wise you'll be disappointed except with the sexual 650s.
Also why the 555s and not the Jecklin floats?

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #73 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say, out of those 3 bass-wise you'll be disappointed except with the sexual 650s.
Also why the 555s and not the Jecklin floats?

I'm sorry, did you just say that I will be disapointed without but the 650s?

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You seriously don't know why you people think your question is stupid?

I don't make it a habit to understand the mind of those people.

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #75 of 87
I don't think it was a stupid question.......the word fail is used a little loosely though.........I personally hate way speakers create a boomy bass feel into my chest. I've never enjoyed any system with a subwoofer.....I much prefer the bass on an HD650 than any speaker I've ever heard. That's just my preference. When I used to mix on Genelecs in a studio which was built to specifications I enjoyed the speakers but I still never felt that the bass was preferable on speakers.

Using headphones is sort of a mental experience.....your body is not involved, but if you can lose yourself in the music you may still even feel a thump of bass in your chest, its happened to me. It's a total mental experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back