Headphones Can't do Bass = Fail?
Sep 19, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #46 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe no one mentioned a transducer. You install it to your chair or sofa and wire it in and *BOOM*. You feel every vibration of the sound. This is exactly what you'd want, not any more sound distortion from a subwoofer.

Heres a link: http://www.clarksynthesis.com/

Install them in chairs like these:

http://www.gamechairs.com/Video-Game...er-C77025.html

Or put them in your backpack for a portable rig! haha
wink.gif

Hmmm...now you've got me thinking about home theater applications. Thanks!
icon10.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #47 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of headphones has your friend listened to? I would imagine that he hasn't listened to many good ones as cheap headphones generally have bad bass.

-Oh no. My friend is not only an Audiphile, but also a Doctor. He just bought a 25,000$ Audio system.
He used the HD650s to play Half Life 2 and told me that it wasn't bassy enough, and so he bought a pair of 2,000$ speakers and he says they beat the 650s in quality and in bass.
But again, he really likes bass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a cheap way to find out if headphones are right for you.

Go to your local radio shack or go to amazon.com. Look for Koss KSC-75. These are clip on earphones that are very highly regarded among us headphone enthusiasts. They are about $20 and are probably one of the best values in audio.They have have decent bass response, certainly better than that of cheap headphones. Try them with your games and music and see if you like them.

If you like the KSC-75's, great! You can start looking at other headphones if you want improvement. If you don't really, tell us what you don't like about them and we can help you out.

I don't live in the US anymore.. Can't seem to find the KSC-75 anywhere. And if I could, they would cost 50$ or more.
I appriciate the help though.

Sep 19, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #49 of 87
I've occasionally hooked up an external powered subwoofer just for the kicks =D not that my cans lack bass.. they've actually got plenty, and its controlled too. mmm. but I like to feel it sometimes too. anyway, anyone else do this? I'm surprised I havent heard much of it.. maybe its tabood :p depends on the music I guess..

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #51 of 87
Listen to some Grados or Alessandros on a Bass Mekanik CD using a decent headphone amplifier and get back to me on the bass issue.

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #53 of 87
[size=large]THESE ARE HEADPHONES, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?![/size]

Why do I prefer headphones over speakers?

1). Clarity and detail. Honestly I've never heard any speakers that come close. Granted I personally don't own 10K Sound systems. But certainly have parents, friends parents, aunts relatives. And none of them come close.
- Parents use Sony/Yamaha System with Bose Speakers (w/e, they sound good). Not the best, better than what I have.
- Relatives in NH use Denon System with custom speakers (no idea, but cost him 5K for speakers he said). Speakers have custom housing and everything done by hand. Part of his home movie system using those projections. Screen size dunno, size of living room. Freaken huge.
- Relatives close by Bang & Olufsen System, entire house rigged. Sounds like garbage. Bang & Olufsen worst sounding system period. Honestly haven't heard a system over 1K that sounds worse than these. Ironically, this is most expensive system I've heard.
- Various friends using components never heard of. Similar to the high-end gears I read on this forum. Giant speakers, tower, w.e

[size=medium]None of them get the details and clarity of headphones. [/size]

2). Where I live. I don't live alone. As High School student lived with parents, parents easily pissed off by loud music. College, you have your roommates and floormates. Can't be a jackass selfish assh*le.

3). After tough day right before settling into homework, gaming, or getting ready to go out, I love listening to my favorite music at high volume. Doing this on speakers with above, completely inconsiderate.

[size=medium]You want chest pounding bass for your home movie experience, obviously headphones not for you. This is the dumbest thread I've seen started in the 2 years I've been browsing this forum[/size]

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:49 PM Post #54 of 87
Quote:

None of them get the details and clarity of headphones.

Probaply poor acoustics. Thats why I also love headphones, you dont need to acoustically design your room to get all the clarity and details from speakers. Very handy!

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #55 of 87
Maybe you are right about the acoustics.

Seems a shame since everyone but my parents listed had their systems done professionally. Using those gadgets you see people using for best placement of speakers.

Bang & Olufsen custom system, they have to come to the home and install them and they did with poor acoustics. DAM!!! That is one expensive system to not have great acoustics.

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:55 PM Post #56 of 87
Ok someone mentioned tactile transducers. So here is what you want find your favorite chair. Attach this to the back or underside of the chair, now to power that you will need this now split your sources audio out into the T-Amp and run speaker wires to the Bass Shaker turn on plug in your headphones and bam you get great detail and impactful bass throughout your body all for $70 + the cost of cables and your headphones.

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #57 of 87
On TV, I see these ads for Bose, that are supposed to be the ne plus ultra for sound -- shows the whole family sitting on the sofa, in breathless anticipation of listening to it together....

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #58 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lols. This'll be fun!

And it certainly has turned out that way....
eek.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #59 of 87
All your baize are belong to us.

Sep 20, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #60 of 87
Holy hell! Tracker!

What keeps you from TESTING some damn phones already and make your OWN opinion? Jeez...people at look his last thread... talk about mental masturbation!

Tracker what are you:

a) troll?
b) idiot?
c) too poor to try some headphones?
d) all of the above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back