Headphones by Music Genre
Sep 30, 2005 at 3:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lal316l

100+ Head-Fier
Hey y'all!! I just wanted to make a thread that might help some people out in deciding which headphones are right for them based on their music preferences. What I want everyone to do is to list all of the headphones of where you can give a good impression. For every headphone listed, give us a brief description or just a specific genre of music that the phones' excel in. Granted we're not looking for reviews here, just simple "what this headphone does best in.." comments. Price, comfort, value, aesthetics are not important in this regard but most revelant is sound and purpose. Also it would be nice of you to state your musical preferences as well that way we know where you're making your opinions based on.

Music Preferences: Pretty much everything except Hip Hop, R&B, and Rap. Primary preferences are rock (rock n' roll,classical, grunge, hard, punk) and Oldies (Frank Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald).

Shure E4's:
Sounds good with everything. They excel in quieter, less complex music like classical, jazz, blues, acoustic guitar. Requires a bassy source to enjoy rock music. The guitars in rock sound amazing with these.

Sennheiser HD650: Excels in slower, non-complex music like classical, jazz, blues, classical rock. Sounds great with almost everything.

Sennheiser HD25-1: Excels with all types of rock, hip hop, pop music. They deliever a 'fun' sound so they might not be too detailed.

My impressions aren't too great but it's a start. Let 'er rip guys!! (and uh..gals!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back