Headphones broken? static/crackling one ear
Apr 17, 2020 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xledruidx

100+ Head-Fier
so i hear this crackling from one occasionally. i have tested and it is at the exact same time in specific songs. to make sure it wasn't my equipment i tried chaning L/R from my dac->amp and its still the same aswell as another dac+phone+pc. i have cleaned the earcuffs from all hair. but as it comes at the same time in specific songs i believe it must be broken drivers? listening from 14-22 sec on juice wrld all girls are the same i just hear the music and this crackle/static noice added. it makes the song unhearable and im not listening to music on one ear, which is a real bummer concidering i just got my jds atom lab aswell. to clarify this is on just one ear. Do you guys believe the driver iem is broken? or is there a small possibility there could be bad soldering? concidering it happens at the same place in songs i do not believe it is the last option, but just trying to make sure. thanks for your time.

Just did another test. and if i turn the volume very low. a little about 65%speaking volume its gone.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 7
At first I was thinking it could be a cable issue. Beings the phones you have the cable isn't detachable.

Does the noise seem to get worse if you move the plug end on your headphones or is it a constant noise?
ya well ive done a recabling mod. and tried a different cable. its the same exact noice at the same exact moment in a song.(with volume higher than talking voice)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back